Ayr United vs Montrose

D'Jaffo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job some of you lads keep up to date on the rules.I was doing a match report and it bothered me when I saw both sides using four substitutes. I would have hoped the referee and linesmen might have queried it at the time if it was against the rules. These days though the rules seem to differ for each competition, such as the number of subs you can name in the first place. The other thing I wondered about was the way the penalty shoot out progressed. I watched a game in England recently and that penalty shoot out was on the ABBA method. The Ayr/Montrose one used the old alternate system. What next - maybe the SPICE GIRLS method - but, maybe not !

13 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

Good job some of you lads keep up to date on the rules.I was doing a match report and it bothered me when I saw both sides using four substitutes. I would have hoped the referee and linesmen might have queried it at the time if it was against the rules. These days though the rules seem to differ for each competition, such as the number of subs you can name in the first place. The other thing I wondered about was the way the penalty shoot out progressed. I watched a game in England recently and that penalty shoot out was on the ABBA method. The Ayr/Montrose one used the old alternate system. What next - maybe the SPICE GIRLS method - but, maybe not !

I prefer that method... The winner takes it all.

3 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

Yer auld da

Archived