Ayr United vs Montrose

D'Jaffo

Thoroughly enjoyed my Tuesday night trip to Ayr. Hopefully your Air Show is better than tonight's.Seriously our boys soaked up a helluva pressure and pens are always a lottery.Apart from when Moore elbowed Matty him and McDaid looked dangerous and you'll no be far away at end of season. Good luck for rest of it

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thoroughly enjoyed my Tuesday night trip to Ayr. Hopefully your Air Show is better than tonight's.Seriously our boys soaked up a helluva pressure and pens are always a lottery.Apart from when Moore elbowed Matty him and McDaid looked dangerous and you'll no be far away at end of season. Good luck for rest of it

Glad you had a good night .real fan travelling that distance on a tuesday night good luck next round .f**k arbroath [emoji23]

For anyone wondering, losing on penalties to Montrose on a Tuesday night is as enjoyable as it sounds.

Wasn't the worst Ayr performance I've seen, must have had close to 40 shots on goal during the game, maybe 5 of those were on target, had Montrose hemmed in for the last hour of the 90 and extra time without looking like scoring, Moffat going off was a mistake, it wasn't working up front but I think a change of shape rather than a straight swap for an off form Forrest was needed. McDaid, like Saturday was absent for large periods of the game, Moore had the best chances and probably should have passed for a couple of those. Defensively we were better, midfield was a bit of a shambles though, not a forward pass all night.

I don't hate Brian Gilmour like some folk, but his penalty was one of the worst I have ever seen, two steps into a four step run-up, the keeper sits down and Gilmour loops it over the bar.

Montrose lacked anything up front but other than that were a very decent team, passed the ball more direct than Ayr and defended well, their keeper looked solid also.

I would like to make an appeal to the guy on the side terrace who spends the full game shouting abuse at players, please stop going, or sit in hospitality so that we can't hear you

Out of interest what happened with Moore? I completely missed it but some of the guys around me said that the Montrose player held him and Moore just shrugged him off unintentionally hurting him.

Out of interest what happened with Moore? I completely missed it but some of the guys around me said that the Montrose player held him and Moore just shrugged him off unintentionally hurting him.

Think it was usual jostling but Moore swung the elbow resulting in young Matty going of to be patched up. Loved the blade in the crowd bawling about him coming back in with no 2 shirt. His was blooming covered in blood

Have Montrose screwed up?

They used 2 subs in extra time.

Only up to three nominated substitutes for any one club may play in a match,
except in the event that extra time is played in any match, where in such case a
club shall be permitted to use an additional substitute, a fourth in total, during
such period of extra time.

except in the event that extra time is played in any match, where in such case a
club shall be permitted to use an additional substitute, a fourth in total, during

Thought they only used one sub in extra time

Substitutes

10.Chris Templeman 67' tactical 22.Connor McLaren 74' tactical 23.Kieran Thomson 99' tactical 11.Ryan Ferguson 108' tactical 14.Sean Dillon 21.Allan Fleming As per the SPFL report

They used 4 subs

2 in 90 minutes and 2 in extra time. Nothing wrong with that

You can use up to 3 subs in the regulation 90 minutes plus 1 more in extra time.

Yes exactly

They only used 2 in regulation time

They still had one sub plus the extra sub when they went into extra time

57 minutes ago, Voice of (t)reason said:

Its an additional sub, doesn't mention using only 1 in extra time, so 4 subs in total

Archived