Ayr United vs Montrose

D'Jaffo

Date has been confirmed for this game for Tuesday 29th August. A game we should be winning with a bit of ease however Montrose are on form and sitting second in League 2 so it won't be a complete walk over.

I think McCall might play a couple of the youngsters again especially Murphy and Faulds who did well in the last round and he should be resting some of better players for the Raith game the following Saturday.

Hart

Waite

Ferguson

Higgins

Boyle

McCowan

Faulds

Gilmour

Forrest

Moore

Murphy

Subs: Avci, Waite, Reid, Geggan, Docherty, McGuffie, Moffat

3-0 Ayr

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would you rest players when you don't play for 11 days afterwards?

Just realised we've got a large break but we'll still play a few of the youngsters since they need game time and they should be more than capable of competing against Montrose

1 hour ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Just realised we've got a large break but we'll still play a few of the youngsters since they need game time and they should be more than capable of competing against Montrose

You are right to rotate your squad in games like this to give them all some pitch time. Montrose are likely to do the same in this diddy cup as we did away at Stirling by making six changes in the last round. But, remember we still beat the league leaders 3-1 in that game though they made four changes as well. Anyway we've got a long trek to Annan to deal with before the equally long trek to Somerset Park.

Our 20s play Queens Park away on the Monday night so not 100% what they'll do in terms of having them in the first team for the Tuesday and having a few 17s in the 20s squad or just going with the usual first team v Montrose since there's a good few days before the Raith game the following week.

7 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Our 20s play Queens Park away on the Monday night so not 100% what they'll no in terms of having them in the first team for the Tuesday and having a few 17s in the 20s squad or just going with the usual first team v Montrose since there's a good few days before the Raith game the following week.

Google translate into English please? Punctuation: "every little helps"...

Surely Ferguson can get a start here? Geggan in midfield while Adams is out is needed, only aggressive centre mid we've got bar Adams. I agree about full strength, however Doc and Crawford hid on Saturday and I think dropping them would seem a message.

Hart

Ferguson Rose Higgins Boyle 

McDaid Geggan Faulds McGuffie

Moore Moffat 

Subs: Avci, Reid, Docherty, Gilmour, Crawford, Murphy, Forrest

Surely Ferguson can get a start here? Geggan in midfield while Adams is out is needed, only aggressive centre mid we've got bar Adams. I agree about full strength, however Doc and Crawford hid on Saturday and I think dropping them would seem a message.
Hart
Ferguson Rose Higgins Boyle 
McDaid Geggan Faulds McGuffie
Moore Moffat 
Subs: Avci, Reid, Docherty, Gilmour, Crawford, Murphy, Forrest

I like Ferguson think he will come on a bit, his delivery into the box is excellent.

Have the Montrose fans calmed down over having to travel a couple of hours midweek yet or will someone be setting themself on fire inside the ground in protest? 

Astounded this game isn't on the tv or radio tbh.

Does anyone know if some gallant chap or chapette will be utilising Periscope or some other modern way to view/hear this tensely awaited game?

Archived