Ayr United vs Arbroath

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ayr were utter crap today, I wouldn't give anyone pass marks  to any of our   team today as  they were all rubbish, we couldn't string a pass t together   at all.    I'm not surprised Ian McCall   subbed    Alan Forrest at half time as the boy is far too light and easy pushed off the ball. In my opinion he shouldn't  even be in the team, well maybe on the bench.      Anyway well done Arbroath you guys deserved to win today. 

Thoroughly deserved win for Arbroath. Well organised and made the best chances throughout the game. Ayr looked like they believed their own hype and just had to turn up to claim the points. Awful performance, especially in the 2nd half with too many aimless punts to 2 strikers who were totally dominated by their markers.

With the international break next week and quite a few Ayr players in the running for possible late call ups I can see Ayr turning on the style tomorrow. 12-1 Ayr [emoji5]

Can't see Gordon, calling now [emoji23][emoji23]

13 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

I'm surprised....but in a good way.

Well done to the lads, great 3 points.

You shouldn't be surprised we do have a decent team.

We do also have an awesome away record...we were hardly likely to mess that up at Ayr now were we 8)

Can I add a keeper to the centre half and forward  on my wishlist.

Hart,Reid and Forrest aren't good enough for a team with aspirations of topping the league.

Arbroath were comfortably the better team today, Ayr appeared to resort back to tippytappying it backwards and sidewards before a big hoof to players well covered by very competent defenders.

I wouldn't want him to manage Ayr but Dick Dastardly knows how to assemble a competitive side at this level.

Had my Canadian father-in-law at his first ever live "soccer" match today - even he agreed that Ayr looked like the unfit part-timers and Arbroath were first to every ball and were closing down any attacking threat from Ayr

A typical McCall blunder today...no Plan B once again

Can I add a keeper to the centre half and forward  on my wishlist.
Hart,Reid and Forrest aren't good enough for a team with aspirations of topping the league.
Arbroath were comfortably the better team today, Ayr appeared to resort back to tippytappying it backwards and sidewards before a big hoof to players well covered by very competent defenders.
I wouldn't want him to manage Ayr but Dick Dastardly knows how to assemble a competitive side at this level.

Hart made a mess of two cross balls (in succession) Two fantastic saves though - bit harsh.

Reid clearly is good enough for that, given he was in the Dunfermline side which beat us to the title easily. Wasn't great today obviously.

Forrest was shocking but a bit of a knee jerk reaction - he was good enough, at the moment he looks like he is headed towards the juniors though with his current regression.

Arbroath didn't turn up to defend, didn't pack the midfield and had a Lardy peroxide blond carthorse they didn't boot a long ball up to all game, they kept Moffat and Moore from linking and had 3 men on Crawford every time he started to move forward.

Some old arsehole walked along the side terrace before kick-off shouting "were getting beat today, Forrest is playing, 3 points dropped,Forrest is playing" top of the league, top scorers in the country and he is shouting that.....turns out he was right, but it was still a problem with a lot of the home support

The ref was poor also, giving a free kick when the guy flew face first in to Moffats shoulder that led to the goal summed him up

Archived