Ayr United vs Arbroath

32 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

There is a gate, the one we usually use when access is granted.

It's not feesable long term stewarding wise I think. I'm sure there is something to do with stopping access to the hospitality from the general crowd as well as the part at the burger van where you walk round is usually fenced off.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With Bobby struggling this is Skellys chance to get a starting place. Between him and Omar to fill Bobby's boots

Thing with the pair of them, they are both frustrating players, Skelly just gets you even more frustrated, and just when you get demented by Omar, he then does something good, which makes you more frustrated than ever

Thing with the pair of them, they are both frustrating players, Skelly just gets you even more frustrated, and just when you get demented by Omar, he then does something good, which makes you more frustrated than ever

Completely agree. Skelly has had a poor pre season/start of season. He didn't do much in the bounce game against Dundee on Wednesday either. He does have a terrific final ball tho when given the chance, Omar does not

Hope the manager realises how good Ayr are and is not surprised like he was with EF last week. 

I will be surprised if Hutton doesn't keep his place in goal, the manager has his favourites.

I will also be surprised if we take anything from this game.

I won't be surprised however, if other results go against us and we end up 2nd bottom of the league come Saturday evening. But then life is full of surprises

1 hour ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

Hope the manager realises how good Ayr are and is not surprised like he was with EF last week. 

I will be surprised if Hutton doesn't keep his place in goal, the manager has his favourites.

I won't be surprised however, if other results go against us and we end up 2nd bottom of the league come Saturday evening. But then life is full of surprises

Deary me, better fetch the violin

I hear in the grapevine that McCall wasn't happy with our defending at Stranraer and we've been working on that all week. Good, as long as that doesn't translate into less goals up the other end lol. I've been very impressed with us when we have the ball - patient and good at keeping possession - but the old failing of vulnerability at set pieces is surely known by other clubs now and as much as I like Jordan Hart's ability as a shot stopper, I wish he was a foot taller and good at clearing out the debris around him when the ball comes in.

Come on Ayr, 3 points please and no fuckin around

Hutton is only playing because of an injury to Gomes it would've been harsh to drop him before last week.

Also, there'll have been 4 games played. If we end up 2nd bottom who really cares. We cruised past QP should've definitely beat Airdrie and had a very poor performance last week and even then we were unlucky not to get a point.

Jesus Christ. Cheer up.

Actually quite enjoying the week to week stuff again, when we're in League 2 we always expect to be winning every week and challenging at the top. Take it week to week and see where we end up, much more enjoyable.

Hutton is only playing because of an injury to Gomes it would've been harsh to drop him before last week.

Also, there'll have been 4 games played. If we end up 2nd bottom who really cares. We cruised past QP should've definitely beat Airdrie and had a very poor performance last week and even then we were unlucky not to get a point.

Jesus Christ. Cheer up.

Actually quite enjoying the week to week stuff again, when we're in League 2 we always expect to be winning every week and challenging at the top. Take it week to week and see where we end up, much more enjoyable.

Hutton is one of the worst goalkeepers I have seen in an Ayr strip and boy there have been a few stinkers.
Hope he plays tomorrow as I can't see him keeping a clean sheet. That said he'll probably play out of his skin.

Hutton is one of the worst goalkeepers I have seen in an Ayr strip and boy there have been a few stinkers.
Hope he plays tomorrow as I can't see him keeping a clean sheet. That said he'll probably play out of his skin.

Loves to come flying off his line.....and is usually 2nd to the ball.

Accurate. Very very accurate.

Seems a decent shot stopper but has struggled under the high ball. Kept the score down at Hibs but was s bit dodgy at Dunfermline and was just plain horrendous against East Fife. Wasn't tested against QP but should have done better fir the Airdrie equaliser

Not quite as bad as Peter Cherrie et al, but the fact he seemed like an utter dick as well as being awful didn't help him. The only time I saw Peter Murphy lose the head in his entire time with us was with him.

Will be raging if he isn't starting on Saturday!

Not quite as bad as Peter Cherrie et al, but the fact he seemed like an utter dick as well as being awful didn't help him. The only time I saw Peter Murphy lose the head in his entire time with us was with him.

Will be raging if he isn't starting on Saturday!

This sums it up for me

It wasn't the fact that he was truly dreadful that annoyed me most but the fact that he blamed every error he made on the defenders in front of him.

The worst of it imo was when he constantly shouted at Jackson Longridge for 90 minutes. Think we'd got pumped off some team I can't remember and every goal we conceded Hutton blamed it on him. He was only 18 or 19 at the time but that completely shattered his confidence and he never got a look in after that.

Remember him after conceding goals (quite frequently) he would smash the ball at opposing players and then pretend he never meant it. Think it was a Dunfermline player he hit once and shat his pants immediately. :lol:

Completely forgot about this - with the amount of goals he conceded impressive he only hit someone once. (That I remember)

Wonder if he still does it!

Archived