Ayr United vs Arbroath

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Hart made a mess of two cross balls (in succession) Two fantastic saves though - bit harsh.

Reid clearly is good enough for that, given he was in the Dunfermline side which beat us to the title easily. Wasn't great today obviously.

Forrest was shocking but a bit of a knee jerk reaction - he was good enough, at the moment he looks like he is headed towards the juniors though with his current regression.

For me Hart never commanded his box at anytime, he'll sap  defenders confidence if he doesn't step up to the plate quickly.

I'm judging Reid on what I've seen in an Ayr jersey, 2 years is a long time in football.

I take no pleasure in my assessment of Forrest, I like his auld man and I'm not one to criticise academy players on here or at the games but I just don't share successive managers enthusiasm about his prospects, hopefully another 6 months pumping iron will allow him to prove me wrong.

For me Hart never commanded his box at anytime, he'll sap  defenders confidence if he doesn't step up to the plate quickly.
I'm judging Reid on what I've seen in an Ayr jersey, 2 years is a long time in football.
I take no pleasure in my assessment of Forrest, I like his auld man and I'm not one to criticise academy players on here or at the games but I just don't share successive managers enthusiasm about his prospects, hopefully another 6 months pumping iron will allow him to prove me wrong.

I can't disagree with any of that to be fair.

Was looking forward to seeing how Forrest would link up on from the start - imagine we won't see it again for a while.

Well played Arbroath, much deserved win, we just didn't turn up this week.  Enjoy your night folks.

Good job you can type through gritted teeth [emoji6]

The referee was a homer.

That at the end when the ball cannoned off the Ayr players head and goes down like a sack of shite and out for goal kick. Ref gives a corner.

I could point to several decisions the other way round - he was just shite in general.

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Made up for Arbroath winning their cup final today, totally deserved.

Will keep an eye out in the national press for pictures from the open top bus parade.

Cup final !!!!  This was just another run of the mill away win for the super Lichties :)

Archived