Ayr United vs Arbroath

Not quite as bad as Peter Cherrie et al, but the fact he seemed like an utter dick as well as being awful didn't help him. The only time I saw Peter Murphy lose the head in his entire time with us was with him.

Will be raging if he isn't starting on Saturday!

I actually think he was as bad as those guys and he kept his place for a couple of seasons, unbelievable, Roberts at his best.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Re: Hutton, the biggest horror show i can remember was a 6-3 home defeat to Stranraer midweek in the cup. Brutal.

Moffat got a hat trick that day as did Jamie Longworth and he completely torn us to shreds

15 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Moffat got a hat trick that day as did Jamie Longworth and he completely torn us to shreds

6-3 flattered us hugely that night.

Remember him after conceding goals (quite frequently) he would smash the ball at opposing players and then pretend he never meant it. Think it was a Dunfermline player he hit once and shat his pants immediately. [emoji38]

Skip forward 1 minute.

Anyway. Hopefully a home banker. Feels strange being confident as this before a home game. On a side note, hope Bryan Prunty gets a good reception if he plays. Top man. Me and my old man took my 6 day old son for a wee walk round Somerset back in November 2015 and Prunty was there as an Airdrie player - came right over and was talking away about how he loved his time at Ayr and asking about the wee man etc - he even got a handshake from the 'hand of Prunt'. Ended up being sub no used as we beat them 3-0.

Ayr fans a bit confident for a club that got relegated last year. It's a long season.

You'd be confident if you'd had the start to the season we've had. Scoring goals for fun and playing good football.

Archived