Thistle v Aberdeen, Saturday 26th August

Result?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, babu said:

mid 70's  would've been my  last visit there.

I've probably muddled things up  with another ground of that era.

You're probably correct in that you could switch ends at half time back in those days. I've also heard the North End was the home end when we used to have fans actually from Maryhill...

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyway, enough of the niceties. Get in about these second place drongos Thistle and get some fucking points on the board. Thank you.

Aberdeen are third.....?

Anyway, enough of the niceties. Get in about these second place drongos Thistle and get some fucking points on the board. Thank you.

You're right.

Get these hipster weegie 'ooh we're so edgy because our mascot is a bit weird' c***s to f**k Aberdeen.

I've not been there since away teams had  standing area behind the goal - at the removed end.
2-1 win for Thistle.  
Our defense is weak. 
Someone will eventually punish us if we keep playing considine & reynolds

Absolutely. Reynolds is a McInnes favourite and living off his past reputation. He's been shite for over a year. Considine has been good but we are leaving him behind as we progress as a team. Same thing happened with flood.
I'd be happy enough with considine as a left centre back but he's targeted when playing full back.

6 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Anyone who disses Considine is a savage and an IDIOT

He's a good lad, but he's been partly or mostly responsible for about 75% of the goals we've conceded so far this season.

I don't really understand the clamour amongst some fans to move Considine to centre-back. He has never been a particularly good centre-back. He has, however, been a reliable left-back for the past few years. He hasn't had the best start to this season, but he has enough credit in the bank to warrant retaining his place for now. 

There is a strong case for Reynolds being dropped, but only if Arnason is ready to start. I suppose the only way he will get his match sharpness up is by getting some game-time, mind. 

26 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

He's a good lad, but he's been partly or mostly responsible for about 75% of the goals we've conceded so far this season.

I don't think he has the best of starts to this season but I think Reynolds has been worse than him. 

Going with your stats Considine at fault for 4 out of the 6 goals we have conceded this season. Not really looked at the goals we lost overall but the goal against Dundee was Christie and Lewis fault - felt Considine did the right thing and pushed the winger out wide.  

17 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I don't really understand the clamour amongst some fans to move Considine to centre-back. He has never been a particularly good centre-back. He has, however, been a reliable left-back for the past few years. He hasn't had the best start to this season, but he has enough credit in the bank to warrant retaining his place for now. 

There is a strong case for Reynolds being dropped, but only if Arnason is ready to start. I suppose the only way he will get his match sharpness up is by getting some game-time, mind. 

See I'm the opposite, I like him as a centre-half and have done since McGhee was in charge. I think his lack of mobility and technique is a big problem when playing full-back against good teams, but by Scottish Premiership standards I think he's a very competent ball-playing centre-back.

To be honest I've actually been more worried about the amount of errors I've seen from Joe Lewis this season. I really hope this is just a blip, and last season wasn't him performing above his normal level.

Hope those going down tomorrow have a great day, I'm sitting this one out.

Team wise, I would make some changes based on last week's display, including dropping of a couple of Del's favourites:

Lewis; Logan, Arnason, O'Connor, Considine; Tansey, Shinnie; Stewart, Christie, Wright; May.

Expect McInnes to line up pretty similarly to last week unfortunately.

Score line wise, 1-1, Storey for Thistle, May for Aberdeen.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

You're right.

Get these hipster weegie 'ooh we're so edgy because our mascot is a bit weird' c***s to f**k Aberdeen.

These bearded, tofu-eating, bog-roll recycling, whale-saving, sandlewood-smelling, fair-trade, low-carbon footprint vaping fudricks are the second team in Glasgow and as such shall receive no quarter from The Famous.

May hat-trick, Wright off the bench for a fourth and a conciliation yin from Storey. 

Would prefer Arnasson over Reynolds too but, is he fit?

As much a it would be nice to be the 2nd team in Glasgow that honour probably falls to Aberdeen with their vast amount of weird Glaswegian fans we have to encounter on every journey to games at Pittodrie trying to convince anyone who will listen they support Aberdeen because their Dad was born in the centre circle of Pittodrie and definitely didn't start supporting them in the 80s. 

19 hours ago, MARYHILLISWONDERFUL said:

Excuse me. 

IMG_0798.thumb.PNG.15f9fd417a74801edefbcfeb0165ec69.PNG

We don't Cound Dundee.

1 hour ago, RussellAnderson said:

Anyone who disses Considine is a savage and an IDIOT

+1

Cue a Considine headed goal the morn.

Archived