Thistle v Aberdeen, Saturday 26th August

Result?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/08/2017 at 08:08, jagfox99 said:

We're not playing badly m9 a win isn't beyond us.

Your bottom of the league with zero points and have a shit record against us.

I don't feel your optimism. :thumsup2

I like Thistle, their fans who I've met are all sound. Also Kingsley is a beaut!

We've got a strong front line. Think it'll be 3-0. 2 goals from May and  1 from Stewart.

I like Thistle, their fans who I've met are all sound. Also Kingsley is a beaut!
We've got a strong front line. Think it'll be 3-0. 2 goals from May and  1 from Stewart.

Aye most in my experience are sound, I've encountered the odd one with "wee man syndrome" who felt they needed to make up for their perceived nothingness in comparison to the bigot brothers in the form of aggression.

Generally have a good time there though, a welcoming and family atmosphere.

I've not been there since away teams had  standing area behind the goal - at the removed end.

2-1 win for Thistle.  

Our defense is weak. 

Someone will eventually punish us if we keep playing considine & reynolds

I've not been there since away teams had  standing area behind the goal - at the removed end.

That's never been the case to my knowledge, unless you're talking pre 1980's, which is before my time.

ETA - Assuming by removed end, you're meaning the bit that is the grass bing at the moment.

2 hours ago, H Wragg said:

That's never been the case to my knowledge, unless you're talking pre 1980's, which is before my time

ETA - Assuming by removed end, you're meaning the bit that is the grass bing at the moment.

Yes there is nothing at that end now.

The away team had that end plus about an adjacent 1/4 of the old covered stand -  opposite the main stand. There was a metal fence sectioning off away fans at that stand. It was all standing terracing then,  apart from main stand.

it was about that long ago , but my memory could be playing tricks. I was only there a few times though.

Yes there is nothing at that end now.
The away team had that end plus about an adjacent 1/4 of the old covered stand -  opposite the main stand. There was a metal fence sectioning off away fans at that stand. It was all standing terracing then,  apart from main stand.
it was about that long ago , but my memory could be playing tricks. I was only there a few times though.

Think you've got it the wrong way round. The away end was where the North Stand now is, the 'City End' has always been the home end. What year was this roughly?

44 minutes ago, glasgow-sheep said:

Is that all?

Only about 200 left when I looked the other day, I thought this stand held nearer 3000?

It was mentioned by our managing director in an interview today that there's around 2500 capacity in the main stand now. There's probably more seats than that but there's some that don't get sold at the end closest to the offices plus the director's box in there. You'd imagine Aberdeen would bring more than 1500, they brought around that for a Sunday early kick off in May last season.

14 minutes ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

Think you've got it the wrong way round. The away end was where the North Stand now is, the 'City End' has always been the home end. What year was this roughly?

mid 70's  would've been my  last visit there.

I've probably muddled things up  with another ground of that era.

Archived