Thistle v Aberdeen, Saturday 26th August

Result?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

What makes this even more tragic is the fact the thread names are different. 

Indeed. It's hard to start a match thread without using the names of the teams and the date.

Despite having claimed to have supported the Jags for 20 years, this boy is only 14. So I guess we'll be stuck with his cretinous nonsense for some time.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time i've used the Print at home option for a ticket and i got the confirmation email but no pdf attachment to print off. Does this come through seperately or just take a bit longer as it's an away ticket rather than a game at Pittodrie?

1 hour ago, John MacLean said:

This is the game I'm missing this season.

While it's my first match of the season!

Unfortunately I think our tough start is about to get tougher. We need points on the board pronto but Aberdeen's attacking options give me the fear. Let's just hope Storey puts in a world class performance to get it right up his old employers.

I would like to see McLean dropped, and I wouldn't mind seeing the perpetually mediocre Reynolds being replaced by Arnason. Christie should be deployed centrally or not at all, but preferably the former. Stewart staked a claim to start with his performance off the bench on Saturday, and I wouldn't be opposed to Wright getting the nod ahead of Mackay-Steven.

Hopefully Saturday served as a warning against any complacency, despite ultimately winning the game. 

Lewis

Logan O'Connor Arnason/Reynolds Considine 

Shinnie Tansey

Wright/GMS/Stewart (2/3)

Christie

May

Seems to be the only pressing choices in squad selection. Agree that Christie is so much more effective centrally, and McLean needs dropped. Give him a kick up the arse. 

Sake man! Dunno why Jags fans bother with August. The players don't...

Storey pantomime boo'd throughout but given mild applause when leaving field at 77mins for Doolan.

Banzo red card.

Jags denied a stonewall penalty.

Plastic sheep cheerfully passed about away end.

Polite applause for the 700 Dons fans that made the journey from their halls of residence 2 mins away. 

Routine 3-0 Dons win.

etc...

Wright seems to have disappeared after performing well when given a chance. Hope he gets at least some game time on Sat.

I agree with everyone  above about our midfield, McInnes must realise it's not working and shoe-horning everyone in and ending with Christie out wide isn't going to work.

Drop McLean and anchor Tansey to the middle of the park.

7 hours ago, Arnold Layne said:

Indeed. It's hard to start a match thread without using the names of the teams and the date.

Despite having claimed to have supported the Jags for 20 years, this boy is only 14. So I guess we'll be stuck with his cretinous nonsense for some time.

Tbh I've been supporting Thistle for 3 and a bit years.

9 hours ago, shootingboots said:

Would like to see a big improvement on performances so far this season.

Scott Wright hat trick. 

I thought after 20 minutes we was really excellent against Ross County with the midfield dominating the 70 minutes so if we play like that and we will win. If we play like we did against Dundee then I think we will get beat. Should be a very tough game for us on Saturday which hopefully we play a lot better than we did against Dundee. 

Sake man! Dunno why Jags fans bother with August. The players don't...

Storey pantomime boo'd throughout but given mild applause when leaving field at 77mins for Doolan.
Banzo red card.
Jags denied a stonewall penalty.
Plastic sheep cheerfully passed about away end.
Polite applause for the 700 Dons fans that made the journey from their halls of residence 2 mins away. 
Routine 3-0 Dons win.
etc...

Can't see Storey getting abuse at all. Left on good terms and it's not like he went to the OF or Edinburgh.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, anotherchance said:

Can't see Storey getting abuse at all. Left on good terms and it's not like he went to the OF or Edinburgh.

So seldom was he seen, most Dons fans wouldn't recognise him if he walked up to them holding a huge 'I'm Miles Storey' sign in flashing lights. 

Half the stand will boo the wrong player.

Archived