St Mirren v Arabs

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Saints did indeed go marching today. Congrats.

Inept and lazy performance across the park from United.

Still don't see signs of the team gelling and little in the way of leadership from anyone - on or off the park.

Next game I expect a reaction or this season will be no better than last, despite the personnel changes. Off to the pub...

I've given McKinnon the benefit of the doubt up til now but that today was one of the most inept managerial performances I've ever seen. Not even sure what formation we started with, seemed like a flat three in midfield which we've never played before. The entire team lacked shape, leadership and any notion of what it was they were supposed to be doing. McMullan is a winger yet seemed to have been told to come central. Murdoch at full back is just absolutely brutal. We've yet to play well this season so it's been coming. Shite.

I can't think of two better fixtures to judge if we are overreacting, third bottom Dumbarton at Tannadice followed by an away fixture to second bottom Falkirk who appear to be in free fall and have a -7 goal difference after 4 games.

I will wait until these two games are over before reposting my thoughts at the end of last season.

I'll be honest. I think we might lose this one. Yes, we've won all our matches but we haven't been that good in any of them and that Inverness win is looking less and less impressive by the week.
my head is going to for a 2-1 Paisley Saints win.
But my heart says 0-4 United Win with McMullan getting four assists

My head was half right.

My heart can get a fucking disease.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Honestly, though. Paul Mc Fucking Mullan :lol:

Seriously, how many games have you seen him playing this season?  Surely you know better than to judge a player on a single game.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Seriously, how many games have you seen him playing this season?  Surely you know better than to judge a player on a single game.

We've seen him with us, Morton, Pars and now yourselves. If he was decent he wouldn't keep being signed in this division. 

He's been terrible the last few times he's played us. 

His dive was brilliant, didn't know what to do, delayed so much Moany McDonald went offside and he collapsed to the ground. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Considering we're four matches into the season, that's hardly a basis to judge him on either. 

We've seen him play for ourselves, Morton and Dunfermline for and against us in this league over the past few seasons and I think it's quite fair to come to the conclusion that he's shite. 

A Morgan masterclass today but a special mention due too for McShane. He gets stick from our support but for 2 out of the 3 league games I have seen he has been superb. His work rate and game reading is excellent and the finish after Morgan picked him out was brilliant. Baird and Buchanan also near on foot perfect. Whisper it quietly but it's looking good fellow Buds but we MUST keep Morgan. Anything less than 500k and it has to be dismissed instantly we surely don't need to sell despite his contract situation.

36 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

He's precisely the sort of player who will look good in friendlies and/or when the weather's sunny. I bet you'll agree with me by October.

41 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Back in your box please, you got absolutely pumped.

25 minutes ago, Young gun said:

I worry that Lewis has played his way into a transfer.

He was magnificent today 

What game were you watching?

I thought Morgan was poor today.

Two easy finishes, a misplaced pass for what is technically an assist, and okay so he worked hard defensively as well, but other than that and maybe 7 or 8 runs where he turned the United defence inside out he did absolutely nothing.

He's being completely over hyped.

If any club takes a chance on him they'll be making a mistake.

A big mistake.

HUGE.

7 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

He's precisely the sort of player who will look good in friendlies and/or when the weather's sunny. I bet you'll agree with me by October.

Absolutely spot on.  Very poor attitude when things aren't going his way.  He resorted to shouting and bawling at a ball boy at Dens in the cup match!

3 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

What game were you watching?

I thought Morgan was poor today.

Two easy finishes, a misplaced pass for what is technically an assist, and okay so he worked hard defensively as well, but other than that and maybe 7 or 8 runs where he turned the United defence inside out he did absolutely nothing.

He's being completely over hyped.

If any club takes a chance on him they'll be making a mistake.

A big mistake.

HUGE.

54D84FB4-F48C-4667-AB12-1EAAEFA9F2CE-3073-000004611582F82F.png

St Mirren obviously deserved that today.

McKinnon appears clueless. On paper it looks like a decent squad, but he's signed players without considering the balance of the team. Too many 'reputation' boys, little consideration of their fitness of indeed suitability. Doubt if we can afford to bin Ray, but can we afford to keep him?

The Paisley players were first to everything, can't remember them losing a 50/50, and they looked collectively a fit and keen group of player. Especially Morgan, who looks to have a big future (is it churlish to say he should have had a booking for theatrical simulation just before half time?) 

To the town: we hit a couple of pubs, but O'Connors was one of the funniest I've been in. Sad to see the Sheep's Heid isn't coming back, and the Caledonia seems up for sale too.

Absolutely tremendous display from us. Morgan obviously the stand out but brilliant from everyone. Due to injuries and suspensions we seem to have lucked into a system that works. Today should hopefully have dispelled the doubts about Buchanan (which seemed to be, somewhat harshly, based on one game against Livingston) and was good to see McGinn and McShane can work together. McShane's set piece delivery was much better than in the other games I'd seen so that was pleasing too. First time I'd seen Liam Smith and he looked pretty handy, already a good understanding with Morgan. Hopefully his injury isn't too bad, although doubt he'd have been playing next week. Also great to see Reilly continually outmuscling United defenders.

Can't remember the last time we won three of our first four games - we did it in 1999/2000 but doubt we've managed it since then. What a difference from a year ago. We've beaten the two title favourites and we've deserved to as well. The results and performances suggest the game at Cappielow was very much the exception, rather than the rule.

We made a Dundee United side with a 100% record look utterly woeful today and my joy at that was capped off by the United media team just along from me having an utter meltdown at everything but their team's failings to the extent they were claiming non-existent fouls were penalties - like so: 

Archived