St Mirren v Arabs

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

If there are any Arabs driving down for this game for the first time, a wee bit of advice.  Be careful where you park.

Yes, this: Paisley is nothing like the peace-loving, crime-free Tayside utopia to which you guys are accustomed.

Yes, this: Paisley is nothing like the peace-loving, crime-free Tayside utopia to which you guys are accustomed.

To be fair, Dundonians probably won't know the dodgy areas of a town/city they hardly ever visit

10 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

To be fair, Dundonians probably won't know the dodgy areas of a town/city they hardly ever visit

Not sure how 'be careful where you park' is going to help, then. 

I hope they also remember to look both ways when they cross the road, and don't run with scissors.

57 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If there are any Arabs driving down for this game for the first time, a wee bit of advice.  Be careful where you park.

Have parked my car for a few seasons now outside the stadium never had a problem. We also have secure airport parking for a small fee. There are hundreds of cars parked around the stadium by home fans every game if there was a serious problem you would not see so many cars parked every home game. 

7 hours ago, Young gun said:

Cheers ,I couldn't find it.

my grandsons first game and he thought it was like this all the tim:thumsup2

Aye, it was a good game. I remember being worried about how we would cope with Gauld (as Dundee Utd were on a good run before that game, and Gauld was one of the main reasons for that), Goodwin put a hard(but fair obviously:P) tackle on him early on, and he was anonymous from that moment on (forgot he was playing until he was subbed halfway through the second half:lol:)

21 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Have parked my car for a few seasons now outside the stadium never had a problem. We also have secure airport parking for a small fee. There are hundreds of cars parked around the stadium by home fans every game if there was a serious problem you would not see so many cars parked every home game. 

Got my car broken into along with some others a few years back on Ferguslie Park Avenue, next to a small wooded bit.  Got told by the police that it was notorious for this.  My car was less than two weeks old at the time.  :(

51 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Don't be, I only got a Patsy Cline CD. 

All my music is on a USB stick, probably because I'm more technologically advanced than the people of Paisley.  Though I'd imagine a Patsy Cline CD would be sought after down your way.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Got my car broken into along with some others a few years back on Ferguslie Park Avenue, next to a small wooded bit.  Got told by the police that it was notorious for this.  My car was less than two weeks old at the time.  :(

Had my rear spoiler ripped off my Impreza parked on Inchinnan Road by some dirty wee Feg shite when we were still at Love St. Apart from a £1000 repair bill the worst part was hearing my daughter say f**k for the first time. Parked my bog standard Audis there no problem in the years since move to Greenhill but no way would I risk my current Scooby. So if you have a bog standard pile of shite you'll be fine.

1 minute ago, Wee Jock Poopong McPlop said:

The only time I've had a car broken into was in Dundee. 

I've only ever been there about five times and I've been driving for forty years. 

Christ you must be tired!

I've had three break ins to cars, all at the football.  Dundee, Paisley and Glasgow.

21 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I've had three break ins to cars, all at the football.  Dundee, Paisley and Glasgow.

Try to get to Paisley no later than 2:30 and park in McKenzie St, it's where I park and there's never any problems.

56 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The only car I've ever had stolen had a St Mirren sticker in the window.

Though, it was parked in Warwickshire at the time, so probably had nothing to do with the sticker, on reflection. 

44 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Try to get to Paisley no later than 2:30 and park in McKenzie St, it's where I park and there's never any problems.

Cheers.  The three times I've had my cars broken into I've arrived late and parked in places I wouldn't normally park.  The worst was Glasgow, at Ibrox for an evening game and having to drive back to Dundee with a side window smashed out.

9 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

The only car I've ever had stolen had a St Mirren sticker in the window.

Though, it was parked in Warwickshire at the time, so probably had nothing to do with the sticker, on reflection. 

St Mirren FC, universally disliked.  :P

Archived