Dumbarton vs Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank goodness for the international break.We really need it to regroup and hopefully add to this squad.Hutton and Prior should be put out on loan if it means getiiing another forward.Quite obvious Prior is not going to get much chance this year which is a shame(shouldve been used in the IB cup at least)

We're playing the Welsh mob next weekend...

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We're playing the Welsh mob next weekend...

Hope Prior gets a chance and TBH the cup tie is immaterial in terms of result(SA has already said so, HE DOESNT CARE ABOUT THIS CUP).It will be used as a training match.I will rephrase and say thank goodness we dont have a league fixture next week.

The scout for the nomads was behind me. He got caught videoing the game from under his programme. Moved to taking notes. I managed to get a wee peak at them. It read " Dumbarton yn cach".

That was horrendous to watch. No fight at all especially from the midfield. Ally Roy is brushed off the ball with too much ease. As BBPF stated, the Vale might just be a better option at the moment.

1 hour ago, All-Star-Par said:

You can't really slate the ref too much considering the changing room he has had to deal with today. 

Well played Sir :lol:

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

3 goals scored in 8 games. I don't count the Rangers U20s game as a real thing.

Cardle is on 8 himself.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It really is incredible. We've scored 1 singular league goal so far.Well worth the score to get in eh?

For anyone who's interested the Vale look to be flying just now and it's about 2 quid to get in...

And you can take a carry out in.

56 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Pars have strength and depth and quality throughout the team.The added advantage you have is all the media and pundits are backing St Mirren and DundeeUtd which will suit you just fine.

Up front we do. But, as others have pointed out, we haven't got much depth elsewhere. Injuries to Nat or Shiels, for example, and we'd need to rely on either of our two young midfielders to fill the gap. See tbf, in that instance, we might actually be fine, as young Lochhead has looked quite promising but Splaine is an unknown quantity. I'd be worried more, though, if we relied on M'Voto and Martin filling holes. 

24 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Up front we do. But, as others have pointed out, we haven't got much depth elsewhere. Injuries to Nat or Shiels, for example, and we'd need to rely on either of our two young midfielders to fill the gap. See tbf, in that instance, we might actually be fine, as young Lochhead has looked quite promising but Splaine is an unknown quantity. I'd be worried more, though, if we relied on M'Voto and Martin filling holes. 

If you guys are serious about getting promoted, and good luck if you do, keep "Big Jock" away from the first team.

His last few games for us cost us dearly, he was at fault for three of the goals we lost in the last couple of matches.

He can head a ball.....end of.

Just sayin'

Just now, Wee Sandy said:

If you guys are serious about getting promoted, and good luck if you do, keep "Big Jock" away from the first team.

His last few games for us cost us dearly, he was at fault for three of the gaols we lost in the last couple of matches.

Just sayin'

Well done on your huge win against East Fife today. Cheers for the advice. :)

Great win today, expected it. Good luck to Buckie

Our lineup will be similar, if not the same as the Arbroath game. I expect us to win but I'm not holding out for a barrel-load tbh.

If we get injuries and/or suspensions in the defence or midfield then the manager should just replace them with a striker and have us play some mad formation involving 7 up front

I would expect us to field a similar team next week against Buckie, it's not like it's a midweek game and I think the players would benefit from playing on Saturday, having a week off can work to our detriment.

His last few games for us cost us dearly, he was at fault for three of the goals we lost in the last couple of matches.
Just sayin'

You can't mention any deficiencies without getting attacked by the footballing happy clapping experts.

Archived