Falkirk v Queens

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why feel sorry for us. One cup final , coming second in the league twice ahead of teams with vastly superior budgets than ourselves. 

Well zippeyday fucking doo dah!

24 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Absolutely agree with you for once.

Journeymen to me are players of generally average ability playing the game more for personal ambition or wages, rather than expectations of major success.

That probably applies to the majority of players in our division, tbh.

Of course it does, thats kinda the point of why its such a ridiculous thing to come out with. 

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Pars top of the league and Falkirk joint bottom :lol:

Mark Kerr is an unused sub and Falkirk are even worse :lol:

A few bad games and the fans want Houston replaced with Ian McCall (:lol:) or Ian Cathro (:lol::lol::lol:)

You'll still be in the top four and we can all laugh at your hysterical nonsense from August.

You have more confidence than us than I do.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm only bothered about the first two to be honest. Frankly I couldn't give a feck what he said about queen of the South. I certainly won't be losing sleep over that.

You might not lose sleep over Housties comments, but I bet you wake up in a cold sweat tonight reliving the swording that Dobbie and co dished out. 

Of course it does, thats kinda the point of why its such a ridiculous thing to come out with. 

Actually, I agree. But it's more of an arrogant point re the level he thinks our team is at than a disparaging comment about Queens imo.

Incidentally, I think what has probably been lost in all of this is that although we were shite, Dobbie and a few of your players looked really decent today.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Houston has always been classless.

I've regarded him as quite the dick since his stupid interviews when assisting Levein at Scotland.  He's known as something of a bully and it's no surprise to see him handling this so badly.

Show me a classy manager and I show you a failure, Kevin Keegan was probably a nice manager, classless Fergie put him in his place, Tommy Burns had a bit of class too.

Our best managers in Jefferies and Hughes were classless too.

Class really doesn't come into it, knowing your time is up is more to the point when you can't take us further, if he stays and fails, the legacy of cup final and two 2nd place finishes albeit one season for me is worth applauding will be lost 

18 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

What's so outrageous about suggesting that Queens contain some journeymen? If they win the league I will happy take it back, but Queens ambition is surely more to do with making the play offs than winning the league each season.

The only outstanding player at Queens is Dobbie.

He described Queens as a "team of journeymen", rather than a team that merely contains some.  Of course Queens, like most the clubs about them, have players who have been round a a few clubs at this level.  

The point is though that he was clearly intending the term to be disparaging.  He was doing so as a means of criticising how his own players performed, but it still betrayed a total absence of class.

5 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

A few bad games and the fans want Houston replaced with Ian McCall (:lol:) or Ian Cathro (:lol::lol::lol:)

You'll still be in the top four and we can all laugh at your hysterical nonsense from August.

But we don't have financial cheats round our neck. We can look ourselves in the mirror

I suspect we'd take that top four place. But it certainly feels a long way away at the moment.

I'd actually rather have Owen Coyle than the two mentioned. Sure you can add that to you lols.

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Class really doesn't come into it, knowing your time is up is more to the point when you can't take us further, if he stays and fails, the legacy of cup final and two 2nd place finishes albeit one season for me is worth applauding will be lost 

That's very well put.

22 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I heard a rumour that you lot got seriously humped by your bitter rivals last week. Any truth in it?

No we were scudding livingston 3-1 and treating ourselves to armani and lacoste embroidery in the designer outlets.

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Actually, I agree. But it's more of an arrogant point re the level he thinks our team is at than a disparaging comment about Queens imo.

Incidentally, I think what has probably been lost in all of this is that although we were shite, Dobbie and a few of your players looked really decent today.

Im not sure it matters where the comment comes from its the total lack of respect it shows thats the issue.

It was a good performance, despite how poor Falkirk were. The most pleasing thing, for me, is that it was such a solid team performance. As I said earlier, there were no failures throughout the team and guys like Kerr and Tapping who havent been regulars came in and did really well.

Archived