Falkirk v Queens

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Dobbie seems to love pumping the falkirk 

Why was he giving it the big one to the south stand when the third went in? He never gets any abuse from us, we appreciate he's a player. The only abuse today was directed at our own imposters. As for Tapping giving us the big fist pumps etc, what a goon.

6 minutes ago, ka202 said:

The only thing that surprised me today was that falkirk managed to keep a clean sheet for the last 40 minutes.

Is it wrong I was wanting them to score another couple so we would go bottom and Houston would have no option? Four goal defeats are rare enough, but a 6 or 7 (as looked likely after 50 minutes) would be something no-one could wriggle out of.

My word Falkirk are an absolute gang, they can't defend, couldn't do anything in possession and they offer very little in attack, apart from that, they were fine.

The first goal from the opening corner of the game was an over hit cross that got fired back across goal and Kerr bulleted it home. From our point of view it's amazing how much better we are at set pieces now though there is no way that we should be able to head across the box so easily. Naysmith went with a midfield diamond which soaked up Falkirk who were just so slow on the ball and didn't exploit a narrow side whilst bar one chance that Loy should have scored, they looked out of ideas early on.

Tapping deserved a goal as I didn't think he had such quick feet for the early shot he had, tireless performance but still very composed on the ball, the run for the second goal came from an interception from a shocking McKie pass where he ran a good portion of the pitch including steamrollering Gallacher before Dykes put in a great ball for Dobbie. You hope he can keep going from this and move on from his various setbacks. Kyle Jacobs made a million interceptions as per usual and Rankin had a good shift despite having to be up against Muirhead in the air a few times. Whilst I don't think we are the finished article when we have a lot of the ball it was an ideal away performance .

The half time sub was a strange one as It left the a three man midfield of McKie, Taiwo and known shitebag Harris it was unbelievable open, when John Rankin was threatening to make lung busting runs, there is a serious issue there. That being said that second Dobbie goal was about as good a goal as I think he's scored and probably the only goal where we scored almost straight from the kickoff routine, possibly ever. The penalty was about as stonewall as you'll see and what Dykes deserved for utterly bodying the Falkirk defence. He looked so confident apart from in front of goal where he looked to pass it or didn't really back himself to go through and score. But two assists in an otherwise fantastic display was encouraging. Kane was the same as he got caught in two minds whether to lob or shoot which is perhaps a concern about confidence but again he put himself about and made himself a nuisance.

There isn't enough superlatives for Dobbie, every moment of brilliance is to be appreciated for the times when it isn't as good as watching him get the opportunity to rip absolute piss out of a side. It's not quite 4 against Bomber Brown's Clyde but Falkirk weren't far off after 50 minutes. Houston seems to have changed his tack from slating them to trying to take the blame himself and wondering why they were low on confidence as if he hasn't heard a post match interview from himself.

Sure there will be games where teams realise that we have little pace and guile in midfield and if you sit in, we wouldn't score until the end of the international break but for the time being it's nice for everything to just be lovely. 

Have to say I like the main stand as you are closer to the raging home fans, I wish there was a way to inject the seething boos into my bloodstream.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It wasn't me blaming budget, I was applauding their board for taking a gamble.

Apologies if it came across that way.

Despite you desperately wanting your insinuations that we're spending too much (i.e. more than we're taking in) in some sort of daft gamble to be true, they simply aren't.

Unless you want to post some figures that prove otherwise?

10 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:

Team of journeymen apparently. Houston really is a bag of w**k. Hopefully Naysmith gets that quote up on the wall. Superb.

Bit rich coming from the man who has built a squad with youthful prospects like Lee Miller, Aaron Muirhead and Mark Kerr.

Team of journeymen apparently. Houston really is a bag of w**k. Hopefully Naysmith gets that quote up on the wall. Superb.

What an utterly ridiculous and disrespectful thing to say.

I'm genuinely puzzled by what he thinks makes us journeymen compared to Falkirk or any other team in the league.

I'm genuinely puzzled by what he thinks makes us journeymen compared to Falkirk or any other team in the league.

I've just had this discussing with a couple of Falkirk fans on Twitter. Only Lyle and Martin are even close to fitting that description, and it's being harsh on both of them. The other experienced players in our squad, Dobbie and Rankin, have both played most of their careers at a higher level.

Houston being an arse surprises no one.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Watch his interview. Its a stammering ramble. Why would you focus on one bit like that when the whole thing makes like sense. Head gone.

Hmm I dunno, why would a Queens fan focus on the completely disrespectful comments made about our club, I've no idea?

I was looking forward to being the club that got the bitter arsehole sacked but I hope he sticks around and suffers for a bit longer now.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Watch his interview. Its a stammering ramble. Why would you focus on one bit like that when the whole thing makes like sense. Head gone.

Partly because I've no desire to listen to the guy anymore than I have to but mainly because I couldnt believe he would say something quite so outrageously disrespectful to a team thats just scudded his 4-1 at home so I wanted to see for myself.

1 minute ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I've just had this discussing with a couple of Falkirk fans on Twitter. Only Lyle and Martin are even close to fitting that description, and it's being harsh on both of them. The other experienced players in our squad, Dobbie and Rankin, Hagee both played most of their careers at a higher level.

Houston being an arse surprises no one.

Lyles been with Queens for five years. There wont be many Falkirk players who've been at the club that long.

You're last sentence is spot on

10 minutes ago, Mr X said:

He's a fucking idiot and I'm genuinely seething that he hasn't done the decent thing yet. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

My point was I wouldnt read too much into it. His heads away, blethering pish in general. Players have let him down to the point that he really cant even put forth an arguement to appease our fans who paid money today.

Nah, not having that ... at all. He's a representative of the club, a professional football person and no matter how much hes hurting or slavering that kind of disrespect is shocking

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

My point was I wouldnt read too much into it. His heads away, blethering pish in general. Players have let him down to the point that he really cant even put forth an arguement to appease our fans who paid money today.

Whilst Houston coming out with wildly inaccurate, bitter and offensive comments isn't news to anyone I think we reserve the right to highlight the inaccuracies and offence in them.

It is very poor show from a so called professional.

Given we dished out the footballing equivalent of gang rape today it would probably have served him better to talk us up rather than do the opposite.  If we're a team of journeymen I don't know what the f**k that makes Falkirk!

Archived