Falkirk v Queens

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't want to do Queens a disservice during my rant they were brilliant for the first hour today and thankfully for us stopped playing at 4-0. They really deserved to win by more today. It obviously goes without saying that Stephen Dobbie was fantastic. Some player.

The lack of any effort in that second half was disgusting. You can take getting beat and can understand when a quality player like Dobbie does something like that however we just made it so easy for Queens today. No fight and no effort at all particularly in that second half.

Aye we were unlucky that Grant got injured in the warm up but it was clear to see last week that Gasparotto and Watson are not compatible as a partnership we've got Johnny Mitchell there who is a Scotland under 19 international why are we not giving him a game?

Every single goal we conceded was so soft it was just a continuation from last week. First goal Kerr completely unmarked from a corner, I believe it was Watson that was supposed to be marking him. Second was a shite pass on the edge of their box from McKee and they've hit as on the counter but I still don't know how we've managed to let the best player in the league alone in our six yard box. Stupid change at half time from Houston leaves Dobbie on Gallacher with no cover and takes him 20 seconds to rip the pish and score but for me the worst was probably the penalty. Dykes was going nowhere and Gasparotto had absolutely no chance of winning the ball stonewall penalty.

It's clear that Houston has lost not just the fans but the players as well. He can't survive that performance. Genuinely the worst performance since we moved into the stadium.

56 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Hopefully a young manager with a good understanding of modern tactics and how young players are motivated. PH is stuck in a rut and does not know how to change. All this over cautious tactics and playing players out of position and hoping for the best is killing the team

Only one man for the job imo.

IMG_0952.JPG

2 minutes ago, P475 said:

Still a long way to go guys, Pars hardly won a game in the first quarter last season, and if we weren't cheated out of 3points by some cheating diving scum. 

Yeah and you ended up mid table. That might be decent for u but it's bollocks for us. 

Queens will wait many a year to get as easy a win as that one.
Don't think they had to get out of first gear & were happy to play the game out at 4-0.
As easy a pumping as you'll get & should have been a lot worse.
I got the impression they couldn't be bothered & will see the manager out the door.
Too many"Senior pro's" knowing they've got the club by the balls whilst they're on two year deals.
Can't continue in that fashion, so you have to clear the deck.
Better hope the Kingsley add ons will cover changing the management team, but you're then left with a squad of shysters you need to root out.

I love watching dobbie and always wish we had a player like that. fully deserved win and penalty was a stone waller. poorest performance from us I can remember. one shot on target slow backwards and sideways passing. loy has been an absolute disappointment and his only saving grace would be if he isn't 100pc fit. we really miss hippo. only thing in Houston's defence is that we were missing Grant hippo and Sibbald. I'm not counting Miller as I think he's done now and we need to move on.

Houston's been a great servant but I don't want a largs type manager ant more in the Houston pressley levein mould who coach all entertainment away. Ian McCall for me who plays attacking football.

Hopefully a young manager with a good understanding of modern tactics and how young players are motivated. PH is stuck in a rut and does not know how to change. All this over cautious tactics and playing players out of position and hoping for the best is killing the team

b8414f78f2294fe69d4e3aa51c8656e0.jpg

Just now, Bigbrbairn said:

The terrible thing is that i would take him in a heart beat if we could get rid of the auld man

Come on. Cathro was like Eddie may. Totally out of his depth and like may I'll be amazed if he ever gets another managers post.

26 minutes ago, P475 said:

Still a long way to go guys, Pars hardly won a game in the first quarter last season, and if we weren't cheated out of 3points by some cheating diving scum. 

But your board backed your manager and spent some serious money on guys with proven records at this level in Shield and Clarke and also on potential in Ryan.

Our board won't do that so we are fucked.

Come on. Cathro was like Eddie may. Totally out of his depth and like may I'll be amazed if he ever gets another managers post.

Perhaps you are right but then anything would be better than Houston with his boring tactics and outdated form of man management

Archived