Falkirk v Queens

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A great shift put in by all the team yesterday and a well deserved win,  which with a bit more composure in front of goal,  could have been more emphatic.  For some reason Gary made a couple of changes to the starting line-up, whether because of injuries or just to freshen things up,  but it showed we have players capable of coming in and doing the business.  Obviously we will face tougher tests than those posed by yesterday's inept opposition,  I expect Berwick next week will probably pose a stiffer challenge,  but we should be going into every game with a bit of confidence.  We have Dobbie,  who can hopefully kick on with his goal tally after getting three yesterday,  but we also seem to have a hard working and team spirited squad around him.  Early days of course but things seem to be going better than some of us expected in the build up to the season.  

Having just watched Houston's post match interview, any motivation the Queens players need for the next meeting with Falkirk should be supplied from his "journeymen" comment.

I think Gary Naysmith is doing a fine job motivating them as it is.

I think there will be a more telling impact on the motivation of the Falkirk players who have rightfully had enough of working under that dinosaur.

Not that I care, it's pretty hilarious tbh.

4 hours ago, Afro said:

Peter Houston being gracious in defeat? Surely not. :lol:

That third goal btw. Incredible strike. Any team in this division would (and should) be walking over broken glass to have a player like Dobbie in their side.

Houston looks like he's given up in that interview, lost for the answer. Still a cock right enough.

Dobbie's 3rd goal was an absolute peach but shocking defending by Falkirk, they left a gap and invited the shot which is asking for trouble against a player of Dobbie's quality.

Kudos to the 2 young Falkirk fans near us who stood up to applaud Dobbie`s 2nd goal. They then not unreasonably launched a torrent of abuse at Houston. :thumsup2
Poor as Falkirk were yesterday I thought we were excellent. No failures and the often maligned Dykes did very well.

Was several clapping in the south stand aswell, a great goal.

Archived