Falkirk v Queens

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alex Harris MoM btw [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

He was literally the only player we had today who looked to attack the opposition. So I agree with that.
Currently in Ninewells with broken ribs caused by laughing at our proud club's representatives today. Sensational stuff.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

But your board backed your manager and spent some serious money on guys with proven records at this level in Shield and Clarke and also on potential in Ryan.

Our board won't do that so we are fucked.

Our manager decided to use his budget on the likes of shepherd Kerr Watson and harris.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Agreed but their salaries won't be anywhere near the 3 I mentioned above. 

Dunfermline have pushed the boat out and it's working so far.

The pars budget wont be any bigger than ours. Their just using it better.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

There we have it, I was waiting for someone to blame the budget. Did Houston bring it up in his post match interview as well? 

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I disagree mate. Their salary budget will be bigger than ours.

And if they do well fair play to them.

No chance. Loy for a start will be on more than any of their players for starters. I'd like to see us spending more but the fact our current budget has been spent abysmally is why We're behind dunfermline and not the fact that they've got a bigger budget than us.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No chance. Loy for a start will be on more than any of their players for starters. I'd like to see us spending more but the fact our current budget has been spent abysmally is why We're behind dunfermline and not the fact that they've got a bigger budget than us.

It's all speculation from both of us and I disagree with you.

All I know is that they are 9 points ahead of us and pumped us last week.

It worries me that I am dreading going to Brechin.

Not a failure for us today. Terrific start to both halves. Tapping, for me, had his best game for us. Training ground corner caught Falkirk defenders cold in the first 30 seconds. back post header back across met by Kerr with a lunging header. Dobbie was certainly class today and his goal at the start of the second half was a goal of the season job. Players worked hard to win the ball back when Falkirk didn't just give it away. I thought their defence looked vulnerable all game. Second goal at the start of the second half just knocked the stuffing out of them. 4-0 down and 35 mins left.

There was a laugh when our fans thought Dobbie was being subbed. He ran to the touch line and we all stood up and applauded as Dykes went off and The Dobbmeister got some water! Even Dykes deserved praise today. He too had a good game.

Even Dykes deserved praise today. He too had a good game.

Even coming off the bench he's looked like the player we saw at the start of last season. His run last week is what we were used to. If he keeps this form up he'll soon turn his doubters around (myself included).

But your board backed your manager and spent some serious money on guys with proven records at this level in Shield and Clarke and also on potential in Ryan.
Our board won't do that so we are fucked.

Serious money? Seriously doubtful.

I sincerely hope that we continue to set up positively with two or preferably 3 up top for most of the season.What a revelation compared to that awful lone striker route which inevitably sees the ball come back with monotonous regularity.

When you have a player like Dobbie it makes total sense to get the ball in the final third as often as you can and you have a great chance of scoring goals. The other big plus is the fact that the defence is not constantly under pressure.

Credit to the Manager for devising a system that plays to our strengths rather than constantly worrying about the opposition which we did most of last season.

If the BOD could somehow sanction one final signing Chris Millar of St Johnstone is being released and imho a central midfielder of his craft would give us a great chance of competing strongly at right area of table throughout the season.

Great performance today.

45 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

40 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I disagree mate. Their salary budget will be bigger than ours.

And if they do well fair play to them.

38 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It wasn't me blaming budget, I was applauding their board for taking a gamble.

Apologies if it came across that way.

You're still #rattled you absolute soggy napkin :lol:

Archived