East Fife V's Raith Rovers

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for that. Maybe one day you lot will own a stadium to call home. See you Sat. Mon the Fife

RRFC and Starks Park Properties are to be consolidated into one company on the completion of John Sim's take over. Who actually owns Bayview?
Didn't the guy Rankine sign it over to his ten year old step daughter to get round dual ownership rules?
Imagine what would happen to East Fife if she decides she'd rather have a Wendy house than goalposts on her property.

22 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

This will be a close game I think but I'm inclined to say Raith will edge it. I don't think we can play a team with Spence, Buchanan and Vaughan in their attack and be confident that Goodfellow will get the better of them.

I'm not as confident about this game as some Rovers fans. A team that beats Alloa (which we didnt) and can win at Gayfield must be decent enough. Spence Buchanan and Vaughan (especially) have been scoring but we didnt look like breaking down 10 man Forfar until they tired at the end. If East Fife play an open game we'll beat them at it but I think they'll set themselves up to make it hard for us.

I'm looking forward to what should be a good game. As I've said before Buchanan, Vaughan and Spence clicking would cause all sorts of problems for any team at this level. I think the first goal will be crucial and we will certainly have to defend better than yesterday or we won't take anything from the game. All laughing and joking aside I'm looking forward to the banter with the few Rovers pals I know and hopefully we can finally get a win.

This thread, though. There's a few decent East Fife supporters on here but the vast majority seem to be mouth breathing puddle drinkers I'm afraid; entirely incapable of constructing even a semi-coherent sentence.

As for the game, I'll be in a semi-comatose state in a field near Liverpool but will try to catch the result come 445. I fancy us to win, but not by much. It'll be cagey and EF will be right up for it. I'd be tempted to bring in Matthews for Barr to give us the extra bite in the middle, though Barr has done well the past few games. I'm cautious that the same players are just playing 90 minutes every week. I realise we have a small squad but that doesn't last forever, certainly not for all of them. I was initially concerned that Lennox was out injured but young Rory Brian did very well yesterday, I'd be more than happy for him to be between the sticks again, though obviously it'd be nice to have the first choice GK back.

In the final third we're certainly firing, without looking like we've fully clicked. Spence hasn't made a clean connection with the ball since he signed and Buchanan drifts in and out of games. Vaughan clearly is our star man, probably him who'll make the difference.

If the EF fans could refrain from posting complete fucking gibberish for the remainder of the thread, that'd be great.

7 minutes ago, Yur maw punts cooncil said:

Barry smith that is all..........emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png rovers are going down with the cowden.

Whatever he did at New Bayview he's light years ahead of Bert Murray and Gary Locke. Anyway, for the game I hope he punts Davo because this will be exactly the type of game he's liable to have  brain seizures.

34 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

This thread, though. There's a few decent East Fife supporters on here but the vast majority seem to be mouth breathing puddle drinkers I'm afraid; entirely incapable of constructing even a semi-coherent sentence.

As for the game, I'll be in a semi-comatose state in a field near Liverpool but will try to catch the result come 445. I fancy us to win, but not by much. It'll be cagey and EF will be right up for it. I'd be tempted to bring in Matthews for Barr to give us the extra bite in the middle, though Barr has done well the past few games. I'm cautious that the same players are just playing 90 minutes every week. I realise we have a small squad but that doesn't last forever, certainly not for all of them. I was initially concerned that Lennox was out injured but young Rory Brian did very well yesterday, I'd be more than happy for him to be between the sticks again, though obviously it'd be nice to have the first choice GK back.

In the final third we're certainly firing, without looking like we've fully clicked. Spence hasn't made a clean connection with the ball since he signed and Buchanan drifts in and out of games. Vaughan clearly is our star man, probably him who'll make the difference.

If the EF fans could refrain from posting complete fucking gibberish for the remainder of the thread, that'd be great.

31 minutes ago, Yur maw punts cooncil said:

Barry smith that is all..........emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png rovers are going down with the cowden.

Ah well...

Barry smith that is all..........[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] rovers are going down with the cowden.

You're forgetting we have experienced Claude Anelka whose football qualifications were that he'd played Championship Manager.

Barry Smith is fine for us.

Lets be honest in the great scheme of things these games dinny really count for much more than 3 points, the great rivalry of years gone by is an irrelevance as neither club is ever going to hit the heights of winning major trophies ever again. Still nice to have some banter though but lets keep it real, you lot look good up front with Buchanan etc but we will see how good you are in the middle and at the back, hoping for a good close game mon the fife

Lets be honest in the great scheme of things these games dinny really count for much more than 3 points, the great rivalry of years gone by is an irrelevance as neither club is ever going to hit the heights of winning major trophies ever again. Still nice to have some banter though but lets keep it real, you lot look good up front with Buchanan etc but we will see how good you are in the middle and at the back, hoping for a good close game mon the fife

This is how it's done Fife fans, rational and a complete absence of gibberish.

We're fine middle to front Pat, no so good at the back though. Good win for you yesterday, sets up Saturdays game nicely.

I don't know. You start a thread with the best intentions and 24 hours later its turned into a fuckwit fest. Not even a decent horse pic!

Looking forward to next Saturday. I'm old enough to remember (but not that old) when the rivalry between the clubs meant something and no doubting this is our biggest derby.

I have a good feeling about this one with the Fife finally putting the 20+ year wait to bed and finally getting one over on the Rovers and wee Barry the horrible little treacherous cant.

East Fife 2-1 Rovers

FunnyHorse6.jpg

Archived