Dundee Vs Hibernian

So, what to make of this game? Three losses from three, no clean sheets (obviously), inability to take chances, worrying injury list all point to another fruitless afternoon, points-wise. However, I do have a sneaky wee felling that we will get a point. No idea why, but surely we can't be as profligate in front of goal for a third consecutive match, can we???

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

So, what to make of this game? Three losses from three, no clean sheets (obviously), inability to take chances, worrying injury list all point to another fruitless afternoon, points-wise. However, I do have a sneaky wee felling that we will get a point. No idea why, but surely we can't be as profligate in front of goal for a third consecutive match, can we???

Think it all depends on if we've got any strikers really - I don't think we can really base anything on previous matches since its almost going to be a different team...

I've got a good feeling too tho, but I did for the County and Hamilton matches as well so I don't know if thats a good thing or a curse!

6 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Head to the Snug Bar, there's a free car park beside it, that's where I park. 5 min walk to the away end.

Fine to park there on Sundays? Someone mentioned to me that the car park isn't available as it's already used for car boot sale/sunday market carry on so was going to avoid it. :unsure2:

That info is spot on it should be avoided on Sundays. Drive past the Dayglo sticklebrick and there's plenty of parking for the away end. There's free council car parking around stobswell you'll no doubt get to see some quality Jake action and perhaps a drug bust on your short walk to to game but your car will be safe.

McCann says Habers injury doesn't look good but didn't mention El Bak so hopefully he'll at least be okay.

Bain

Kerr
Meekings
Hendry
Holt

Kamara
McGowan

Deacon
Allan
Wolters

El Bak

El Bak up top on his own would be a disaster. Would put Deacon up there with him worst case scenario.

El Bak up top on his own would be a disaster. Would put Deacon up there with him worst case scenario.

In either case, I think we'll need Allan to drop deeper and be focused on playing it out from the back and intelligent build up play. Won't win with a long ball for 90 minutes.

In either case, I think we'll need Allan to drop deeper and be focused on playing it out from the back and intelligent build up play. Won't win with a long ball for 90 minutes.

Would the lad Henvey from the 20's be ready to make the step up? Seems to be banging them in for them and saw he was substituted fairly early against Hearts. Maybe saving him for the weekend?

Would the lad Henvey from the 20's be ready to make the step up? Seems to be banging them in for them and saw he was substituted fairly early against Hearts. Maybe saving him for the weekend?

I wouldn't have thought so as he's not really even been a regular for the 20s yet. That being said, I've not seen him for a while so it's possible that he's kicked on quite a bit.

If he can position himself in the 18 yard box and side foot a ball towards the corner of goal, he may well be a better option than what we have. He does seem an instinctively good finisher.

The problem on Saturday for me is the target man options being ruled out. Adds a lot of pressure further back if we can't have the ball stick.

What will we win with? Cause right now what we have been doing is not working. Play good football and get zero points?

However mccann bound to be practicing shooting in training

Style of football doesn't really play much of a part in the 18 yard box IMO. In every other area, things have looked decent so think we've got to persist.

I seen a stat somewhere that if mccann losses 2 more games in a row it was the same as Hartley? That could be pish.

If we are bottom still in the few weeks coming we better not persist with what we are doing. Hibs are there for the taking and there is no reason why we shouldn't be looking for 3 points at home

That would be true. We've lost 5 league games in a row and I believe we lost 7 before Hartley got punted.

EDIT: McCann deserves time, though. Hartley was given lots of time and by the end we were going backwards. Although results aren't going out way just now the improvements on the pitch are clear to see.

Without points thought it means f**k all. I believe managers should be given a chance but the board might not see it.
A new stadium planned in the championship I'm sure is what the board are not planning

Points will come starting with 3 on Saturday.

Thank You.

50 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Was wondering about that myself - I'm pretty sure he'll be in the squad at least anyway but McCann's apparently determined to get a striker in by the weekend so if Demetriou isnt up to it I'm hoping he's got a few more options in his back pocket!

Anyone know who the guy Dee Man had a pic of at training yesterday was? A mate of mine thought he recognised him from Randys instagram as his brother in law 'Jordi' but he wasnt sure.

Archived