Motherwell v Heart of Midlothian - 26th August, 2017

25 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

See we've been linked with young Jordan McGhee today.

Link

What's the script then, is he actually any good? Know he somehow wangled himself a loan move to Boro last season but I take it he's been told to find a new club?

McGhee hasn't lived up to his potential, and has been a daft laddie, expecting games when he's not played well - the Middlesbrough move was probably a waste of a year of his career -  a year long loan in the lower leagues playing first team games probably would have done him much more good. That's exactly what he needs to do, imo - find a club that where he will get regular games, and see if he can kick on from there.

Neilson said McGhee probably didn't have the build to be a centre half, so should maybe focus on right-back, but I think McGhee wants to play CB.

Prone to the occasional brain fart, and a daft laddie, but who knows?  

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Scrappy score draw

Hamilton should keep his place, but Brandon and Walker should drop out - not sure if Lewis Moore is fit, or if Randall is any good - maybe we could go with Randall at RB with Smith continuing at LB? Probably not.

Hamilton 

Smith - Souttar - Berra - Grzelak

Cowie - Djoum - Randall - Moore

Lafferty - Isma

Subs: McLaughlin, Hughes, Martin, Walker, Stockton, Nowak, Brandon

...or something

We are woefully lacking in midfield options - I've about had it with Buaben. 

First question to any prospective coaches should be "So, do you ken any decent midfielders?"

Agree with getting Smith back to RB.

I reckon I'd start Walker ahead of Moore, but it's definitely time for Walker to start producing.  Would also have Zanatta involved somewhere, the boy has been in great form for the 20's and can play wide and up top so could be a good option from the bench.

11 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Agree with getting Smith back to RB.

I reckon I'd start Walker ahead of Moore, but it's definitely time for Walker to start producing.  Would also have Zanatta involved somewhere, the boy has been in great form for the 20's and can play wide and up top so could be a good option from the bench.

Aye - just not sure what should happen with Walker the now - most folk said he looked pretty uninterested last week.

Wonder how Djoum's head is this week - he's come off some social media after his Mrs (her name is Fanny, apparently) was brawling with fans on Twitter - think I can probably guess what Fanny's beef is, mind. 

Just now, paranoid android said:

Wonder how Djoum's head is this week - he's come off some social media after his Mrs (her name is Fanny, apparently) was brawling with fans on Twitter - think I can probably guess what Fanny's beef is, mind. 

Hadn't heard that and she probably shouldn't be biting but I dunno what is wrong with some fans. Abusing the boy on his own social media is stupid and anyone having a go at his Mrs is a cretin.  Players have lives away from fitba and they shouldn't be affected.

9 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Hadn't heard that and she probably shouldn't be biting but I dunno what is wrong with some fans. Abusing the boy on his own social media is stupid and anyone having a go at his Mrs is a cretin.  Players have lives away from fitba and they shouldn't be affected.

Indeed - not sure if he's still on Twitter, but his Facebook was shut - a few fans had certainly been having a go.

Mind he'd been subjected to some abuse at a previous club - cannae be nice. 

It could be worse than getting pelters on social media - Louis Moult gets a number of invitations for a pint/marriage proposals/requests to "stick a pair of boxers in the post" from star-struck* 40 year old men on twitter every day.....

*weapons-grade saddos

See we've been linked with young Jordan McGhee today.
Link
What's the script then, is he actually any good? Know he somehow wangled himself a loan move to Boro last season but I take it he's been told to find a new club?

The Well unsettling the other teams players before the match. Establishment club imo

Hope we don't keep playing Cat Flap until he fucks up. I'm fine with him playing today but McLaughlin should be in for the Aberdeen game after the internationals.

Archived