Motherwell v Heart of Midlothian - 26th August, 2017

We'll surely have our new head coach in for this one - and hopefully a new goalkeeper and creative midfielder. Granted, Hamilton has done well in the last two matches, but he's still an accident waiting to happen.

A win here and we realistically couldn't have hoped for a much better start to the league season before the first international break, given the circumstances.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Elixir said:

We'll surely have our new head coach in for this one - and hopefully a new goalkeeper and creative midfielder. Granted, Hamilton has done well in the last two matches, but he's still an accident waiting to happen.

A win here and we realistically couldn't have hoped for a much better start to the league season before the first international break, given the circumstances.

2 wins, 6 points, 6 goals for, 1 goal against. Not sure why it's relevant to this thread though.

Hearts are absolutely shite by all accounts but I'm not confident at all for this one.

We often struggle against Hearts at FP and I've a feeling we'll help them out by throwing at least one in our own net.

2-0 away win.

I seen about half an hour of the Motherwell Rangers game. Motherwell looked pretty decent in that spell. Have they been decent in general or will you be taking a length from the John Daly juggernaut?

6 hours ago, NorthernJambo said:

Confirmed then, nobody gives a f**k about this game. Super.

Don't worry, we've just been distracted supporting Celtic in their Champions League glory run, along with our CEO. 

Back to reality. 5-1 Well. 

3 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

We haven't had a 1-0 win in the league for a while. Cadden the scorer with his weaker foot, before running to the Hearts fans and lifting his top to reveal a 'sign me, you've got no midfield' t-shirt underneath.

I'll take that.

6 hours ago, NorthernJambo said:

I seen about half an hour of the Motherwell Rangers game. Motherwell looked pretty decent in that spell. Have they been decent in general or will you be taking a length from the John Daly juggernaut?

I fear the latter unfortunately.

This is a huge game for Daly if he has any real chance of taking the job.  He's shown the last few weeks that he can make us solid and organised, but this week he's got tos how he's capable of getting us playing some actual football.  If we can win with a half decent performance I think it's his.

Tough game though, would be delighted with a win.  

Scrappy score draw

Hamilton should keep his place, but Brandon and Walker should drop out - not sure if Lewis Moore is fit, or if Randall is any good - maybe we could go with Randall at RB with Smith continuing at LB? Probably not.

Hamilton 

Smith - Souttar - Berra - Grzelak

Cowie - Djoum - Randall - Moore

Lafferty - Isma

Subs: McLaughlin, Hughes, Martin, Walker, Stockton, Nowak, Brandon

...or something

We are woefully lacking in midfield options - I've about had it with Buaben. 

First question to any prospective coaches should be "So, do you ken any decent midfielders?"

Archived