Celtic v St Johnstone 26th August 2017

21 hours ago, Fife Saint said:

Little wonder. Few have the appetite to pay through the nose for a restricted view in a poisonous bile-saturated arena.

8 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Let's pump these kiddy on Irish religious bigots.

7 hours ago, Old Pack said:

There's more Palestinian flags at Parkhead than Irish tri colours these days.

6 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Mon the Johnnies. Get these IRA loving clowns pumped.

patrick-bateman.gif

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The super J's have had a decent start to the season, which tbh came as a bit of a surprise to me following their FC Trakai Lithuanian adventure.
Fully expect O'Halloran to perhaps dare to score against Celtic, resulting in a recall to the circus.

If we can sort out a stable CB pairing for this, i'll be more than content.

As Tommy wright is tactically naive and got o'halloran after they went out of Europe and the league cup st johnstone are putting all their eggs in one basket win as many league games as possible and see where they end up but Celtic are in a league of their own 3 or 4 for me

As Tommy wright is tactically naive and got o'halloran after they went out of Europe and the league cup st johnstone are putting all their eggs in one basket win as many league games as possible and see where they end up but Celtic are in a league of their own 3 or 4 for me

Aye what a shite plan, win as many games as possible.

That's football you fucking moron.

So you agree Tommy wright threw the European games and the league cup game? ohh fucking moron

No.

European game we maybe underestimated Trakai, but the lack of quality striker showed.

O'Halloran signed before the league cup game.

24 minutes ago, deej said:

No.

European game we maybe underestimated Trakai, but the lack of quality striker showed.

O'Halloran signed before the league cup game.

I was at the trakai game Tommy wright played 2 up front with 4 in the middle against a 5 man midfield then came out after the game and said teams in Europe are more technical than us,so he is either tactical naive or he threw the game?

Plus everybody and their granny knew o'halloran was out the picture at rangers yet st johnstone didn't get him in for the European games?

Go and just f**k off you absolute cretin. I've already told you before nobody wants to listen or read your slavering pish.

Least of all about a football club you evidently know next to nothing about.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Plus everybody and their granny knew o'halloran was out the picture at rangers yet st johnstone didn't get him in for the European games?

We just couldn't be fucked tbh. 

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I was at the trakai game Tommy wright played 2 up front with 4 in the middle against a 5 man midfield then came out after the game and said teams in Europe are more technical than us,so he is either tactical naive or he threw the game?

ORRRRR....

They were better than us... Hence why they won both legs Then they also beat one of the best sides in Sweden in the next round as well. 

Playing 2 up front in a home European League isn't that much of a naive move. Its an attempt to win the game. Played 2 up front against Rosenborg at home and that worked out fine!

Also as you will know if you were at the game, we missed enough chances to win the game about 5-2 so it cant of been that naive, we created plenty chances just were poor in front of goal... another man in midfield wouldn't have changed that. 

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

This guys just trolling, or just a bit thick. MOH was not avaliable prior to the ties as Rangers wanted more money/more wages covered. We were unable to do so, so had to wait till they lowered their demand. 

Having been subjected to a number of Wastecoatwillie posts on a few threads now it's obvious he isn't actually a troll, he's just your stereotypical thick as shit, clueless, brainwashed bigot that knows f**k all about life outside of the Old Firm* bubble but thinks he does. Fair play though. That he can actually use a computer is to his credit.

*awaits inevitable 'thir isnae nae Old Firm ya thick fermer c**t' type response.

1 minute ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

ORRRRR....

They were better than us... Hence why they won both legs Then they also beat one of the best sides in Sweden in the next round as well. 

Playing 2 up front in a home European League isn't that much of a naive move. Its an attempt to win the game. Played 2 up front against Rosenborg at home and that worked out fine!

Also as you will know if you were at the game, we missed enough chances to win the game about 5-2 so it cant of been that naive, we created plenty chances just were poor in front of goal... another man in midfield wouldn't have changed that. 

I agree st johnstone where very unlucky not to get something out the game but Tommy wright knew before the game trakai where technically better yet still made sure st johnstone were out numbered in the middle of the park and it was clear to see that during the game which made it a more difficult night for the saints.

I think we'll set up similar to last week, as we looked a bit more solid and got our first clean sheet:

Mannus

Foster  Anderson  Shaughnessy  Easton

Paton

Scougall  Wotherspoon  Davidson  O'Halloran

Maclean

When you look at that team it gives confidence that none of them will be overawed by the occasion. Whether we are good enough against a Celtic team who are flying is another matter altogether...

A couple of concerns are Paton and Muzz giving away a lot of free kicks and picking up yellow cards earlydoors against celtic's mobile midfielders. Also Scougall getting a tough time against Tierney and Sinclair charging forward down celtic's left hand side.  On the positive, an in-form MOH has caused Celtic problems in the past, Spoony is in great form, and Scougall is looking very good on the ball.

Hope we perform and have a go. Midweek showed they are not infallible and their defence is nothing special at present. Would probably settle for a draw!!

Archived