Celtic v St Johnstone 26th August 2017

His Mrs on social media today "Treat others how you would like to be treated yourself what is achieved by ignorance and a total lack of respect" 
I think he's defo on his way out.

Very sad to hear that, still our best midfielder when fit. Regardless of that he's been with us nearly ten years and played a huge part in all the success we've had. If felt time to move on don't give him a contract and wish him well. Strange stuff.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Resident Partick Thistle fan and all round numb nut Hammer Jag had a series of seethe filled tweets yesterday about St Johnstone and their manager/style of play/support yesterday.

Pretty irrelevant to this match thread but it amused me greatly :thumsup2

9 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It will be interesting to see what time zone the Celtic players will be in when this game kicks aff.

More like the Twilight zone.

Resident Partick Thistle fan and all round numb nut Hammer Jag had a series of seethe filled tweets yesterday about St Johnstone and their manager/style of play/support yesterday.
Pretty irrelevant to this match thread but it amused me greatly :thumsup2
Show us his twitter handle. We will hound the c**t into submission.

Folk realise we'll win this against a Celtic side similar to that Killie faced, and we'll get no credit as it's Celtic's second string

Excluding the giants of European football - Barcelona, Mönchengladbach, Be'er Sheva and Lincoln Red Imps - are we the last team to beat Celtic?

Moreover, are we also the last Scottish team to beat them at Celtic Park?

Sadly despite our good start to season doesn't seem like there has been much of an uptake of tickets by saints fans. Although I know the price is somewhat steep. 

I despise the place, overpriced, spend all game getting shit thrown at you and if you complain the stewards turn on you and threaten to throw you out.

I stood up to go to the toilet, and got told to sit down or be thrown out.

Wonder what type of team Celtic will play now. I'd imagine they'll still rest a few guys, but after last night can they afford to be complacent and not play a full team.

If it's the same defence as against Killie, then I'd be going into the game with hope, cause an 18 year old right back who likes to attack, up against O'Halloran could spell opportunity. Especially if MacLean stays in the box and poaches goals like he usually does at Celtic Park, he's got a really good record there amazingly.

5 minutes ago, Widge said:

Wonder what type of team Celtic will play now. I'd imagine they'll still rest a few guys, but after last night can they afford to be complacent and not play a full team.

If it's the same defence as against Killie, then I'd be going into the game with hope, cause an 18 year old right back who likes to attack, up against O'Halloran could spell opportunity. Especially if MacLean stays in the box and poaches goals like he usually does at Celtic Park, he's got a really good record there amazingly.

Yes I agree. Hopefully he plays the same young defence as he did last week at Killie. And hopefully Brown is a bit heavy legged as well.  It's as good a time to play them as any..

Having said that, we went there at the end of last season when Brown, Dembele and possibly one other were missing, and I was mildly optimistic, and they ended up pumping us 4-1, and it could have been worse the way the last 20 mins went.

We have to start really positive and go at them. Let's not allow them to settle into the game at their own tempo, in the hope that it takes them a bit of time to get back in the groove after a long midweek trip.

This game is a free hit. I fully expect us to lose....however we are capable of going there and getting a result as we've proved a few times over the last few years.

A point would be wonderful and all three would be amazing but whatever happens doesn't really matter in the bigger picture.

Archived