Irvine Victoria 17/18

tombo

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/04/2018 at 00:27, tombo said:

I think if we don't lose to Dalry this week and then win the next two after that, Annbank(h) & Muirkirk(a), them IMO we will have done enough to secure promotion. If we continue with our #onegameatatime mantra and win our remaining games we win the league,simples;).

I personally think that Whitletts will beat Dalry ,home and away, to secure a spot, with whoever holds their nerve between Dalry and Craigmark getting the final place. and whichever team eventually lands the play off spot joining us in the championship.

Only my opinion remember, but there could be a few twists and turns yet that could bring Lugar back into the mix.

T

2 hours ago, Blue2 said:

How wrong can someone be !!!!!! 

Wisnae stating facts numbnut, only expressing an opinion based on the teams we have faced in the ADL this season.

See your mob held their nerve to secure the title, NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shutup

T

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on how many have followed Stevie to Winton? Rumour mill is anything between 7-9 players. Which i am quite surprised about. I know Harpo has definitely gone and assuming that Lamby & his brother followed suit.

Any others that people have heard, as I know there was a team meeting with the new management last week.

T

1 hour ago, tombo said:

Any news on how many have followed Stevie to Winton? Rumour mill is anything between 7-9 players. Which i am quite surprised about. I know Harpo has definitely gone and assuming that Lamby & his brother followed suit.

Any others that people have heard, as I know there was a team meeting with the new management last week.

T

I’m hearing he’s been left with next to no players which isn’t nice but hopefully he can get team together to be competitive next season 

1 minute ago, Darvel legend said:

I’m hearing he’s been left with next to no players which isn’t nice but hopefully he can get team together to be competitive next season 

Have heard we have two definite remainers which we are happy with.  Am surprised at the numbers reportedly following him but interested who they are. Am sorry we've lost Harpo as he was a first pick for me and an Irvine boy as well. As for the rest there are three or four that I could have predicted and am actually happy they are away as we really need a fresh approach next season.

The new management team are experienced and should have us competitive. Looking forward to it, renewing old rivalry with yourself and Hendo snr,lol. 

Should be interesting, so will catch up with you soon.

T

35 minutes ago, tombo said:

Have heard we have two definite remainers which we are happy with.  Am surprised at the numbers reportedly following him but interested who they are. Am sorry we've lost Harpo as he was a first pick for me and an Irvine boy as well. As for the rest there are three or four that I could have predicted and am actually happy they are away as we really need a fresh approach next season.

The new management team are experienced and should have us competitive. Looking forward to it, renewing old rivalry with yourself and Hendo snr,lol. 

T

Wee tip tombo I quite like yous and if I talk pish I’m at the wind up ha 

as for the other lot in Irvine can’t stand them 

T

Agreed, some of the present squad couldn't make the step up the last time we went up, don't think most of them could this time either. Maybe time for a clearout anyway.

Paris away to Lugar
Disappointed to hear that as KP would have done a job for us in this league. He was a great acquisition at the start of the year and his contribution to the second half of our season cannot be underestimated. I wish him all the best.
T

Disappointed to hear that as KP would have done a job for us in this league. He was a great acquisition at the start of the year and his contribution to the second half of our season cannot be underestimated. I wish him all the best.
T

Darvel Leg end we get your drift you don't like the Medda. We don't actually care, you are an embarassment to a wee insignificant team. Who cares what you think.

Reel them in legend [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

T

Hope young Chris Wilson stays as i thought he was getting stronger and more confident nearer the end of the season.

T

Tombo, only a rumour I heard in the Thistle after the Amateur cup final on Friday

Tombo, only a rumour I heard in the Thistle after the Amateur cup final on Friday
Nae probs, plenty of rumours circulating just now about who is staying or going plus who the new management want to bring in. Personally I would love KP to stay, as he brought a lot to our forward play not just goals scored. He will do a great job wherever he ends up and if it's not us then like I said previously, he goes not only with my best wishes but those of my fellow supporters.
T

Hope young Chris Wilson stays as i thought he was getting stronger and more confident nearer the end of the season.
I hope he stays too, like you say he got stronger near the end but I think that was down to getting a regular run out plus a kind schedule of fixtures. My only criticism is that when playing alongside Callum, they appeared pretty similar,doing the same role during games which was a bit confusing. If Callum has left, which I've heard then there maybe an opening for Chris to flourish on his own. Like I said he did show something at the tail end but we also have to consider next season will be a step up in class and can he adapt, as will the rest of the squad, may I add. We have fell short in our last two promotions, hopefully success will come at the third time of asking.
T

Archived