Irvine Victoria 17/18

tombo

All the best for tomorrow's game lads, unfortunately I am at a family thing. Get the three points and be first to secure a promotion place.

T

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Ayrshirejuniors said:

All the best to Stevie wilson the mora. He has Been a good manager for the vics over the years. Winton have done well to get him in. 

Has that been confirmed yet. I know Latta,Gallagher and Houston were meant to be the dream team but Scott has a new job which meant he couldn't commit. Also heard that White fae the Talbot was also under consideration.

T

1 minute ago, Highlander6 said:

Aye is it April fools day ?

He has been touting himself to be fair. See my previous post, RE: runners and riders for the job.

T

49 minutes ago, Ayrshirejuniors said:

I think it's al but confirmed bud. I know he has told some vics players about it and some are going.  Boy on my sites son plays there and it was him that told me. 

Good manager but will be a brave decison to take the winton job if you ask me. 

I had heard at the beginning of the week that he was possibly going but as I said in earlier post it was dependent on Latta and his two possible assistants, Gall, John Gallagher who used to play with us and Scott Houston. But Housty's new job might have put the kibosh on that option. Maybe Stevie thinks he has done as much as he can with the Vics, I don't know, however I feel he should stay as I think next season in the championship,super league, 2nd division,whatever it's called, will be exciting. Also if he has learned anything from our last two promotions, and subsequent relegations, to rectify it next year but not in the third tier.

T

P.S. to my last post.

Appears Stevie is scheduled to speak to the Winton people after tomorrow's game. The job is his to turn down it seems.

T

Is the Winton job a good job at the moment when you have a good chance of promotion rather than try to do it all again next season. I think he would be looking to take a few Irvine vics players next season if he does go...

20 minutes ago, iPhone said:

Is the Winton job a good job at the moment when you have a good chance of promotion rather than try to do it all again next season. I think he would be looking to take a few Irvine vics players next season if he does go...

I think that the Winton job is a good move. The club have a great set up and potential!

16 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

I think that the Winton job is a good move. The club have a great set up and potential!

So if they have that good a setup then why are they, have been and still will be in this division of junior football?

54 minutes ago, iPhone said:

So if they have that good a setup then why are they, have been and still will be in this division of junior football?

There is not a junior team out ther IMO that do not have a group of people working behind the scenes. Winton are in a fortunate position that they have a larger than most committee, that has worked tirelessly to improve the infrastructure there. They have not had much luck recently on the playing side , however with the right management team in place I think they would do alright. Only my opinion, you may feel otherwise!

Winton time and time again fail, If the set up was that good they would be in the premier. They’ve tried Frye, Strain, McLean, Slaven etc etc and still no joy. I think Stevie Wilson is an excellent coach who would be taking a step back going to the Winton. However he may feel he is the man to take the Winton forward. The Winton jobs like the Chelsea job. Win the league then there’s no progression and relegated back to square 1. Manager quits..The next manager can take us to the premier with our excellent committee and resources. That’s all well and fair but committees don’t win games.

8 hours ago, Seaside Sam said:

There is not a junior team out ther IMO that do not have a group of people working behind the scenes. Winton are in a fortunate position that they have a larger than most committee, that has worked tirelessly to improve the infrastructure there. They have not had much luck recently on the playing side , however with the right management team in place I think they would do alright. Only my opinion, you may feel otherwise!

Spot on about every team having a hard working committee....

I find it hard why they can’t get it right on the pitch but I suppose the right manager can change all of that.. 

winton hav had good managers tho that haven’t changed it so why would this time be any different.

Well done today lads, sorry I couldn't be there to celebrate along with you. A long hard season but your collective efforts has been rewarded. Congratulations to the players, management and committee, well deserved.

To my fellow supporters, it has been a rollercoaster but hey ho who cares, it was all worth it. Bring it on for next season.

Mon the Toria!:thumsup2

Archived