Hawick Royal Albert duo resign.

Betty Swollocks

48 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

I agree rab. Look at selkirk this season as perfect example. Last couple of seasons havent looked like a team. Now with a change of manager who has brought in his own players they look like they could really push on. To say there is only a select few who can progress is wrong in my opinion. Any team in league is capable of it.

Well according to the rumours the sucsess is at the moment backed up with financial assistance 

9 hours ago, magoo said:

Well according to the rumours the sucsess is at the moment backed up with financial assistance 

And good for them. Don't think we are talking mega bucks and we know that the Borders clubs need to spend more to tempt players down the way. A good manager has clearly invested well. If given time (sure he's just signed a 3 year deal) he could build something at Selkirk.  

11 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

And good for them. Don't think we are talking mega bucks and we know that the Borders clubs need to spend more to tempt players down the way. A good manager has clearly invested well. If given time (sure he's just signed a 3 year deal) he could build something at Selkirk.  

He will build something at Selkirk as long as the money is available..which reverts back to my original post. I've not 1 issue with any club having or spending money,That's how football operates. But I won't change my thoughts on the lowland league being not the best location for all clubs involved 

4 hours ago, magoo said:

He will build something at Selkirk as long as the money is available..which reverts back to my original post. I've not 1 issue with any club having or spending money,That's how football operates. But I won't change my thoughts on the lowland league being not the best location for all clubs involved 

Like any club what he's got to spend might change, up or down but there's no reason why anyone in the LL can't progress. 

I'm not going to lie here, I took the job before Kenny for 2 days, I contacted all the players that were there last season and out of about 15, 2 wanted to stay. The board said they would help me with anything which sounded great but with the season starting in 2 months and me needing to find a back room team and also 16 players of decent standard was going to be a hard task. I was getting all my old team mates in but it would had been my first managers job and I wouldn't want to manager a team full off my mates as we all know how working or managing mates is !! I quit the job after 2 days as I think it's almost a impossible job to keep them in the league.
Really hope they find someone that can steady the ship and win a few games.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived