Elgin v Clyde

Realised that when I posted it. I'm not blaming Chapman for today. Until the equaliser, we were solid at the back and in the centre of midfield. Elgins goals both came from wide positions which he could reasonably have expected to be defended.
The Chairman is entirely to blame for his cost cutting, players that try attitude. Nonsense like give the manager until New Year, which is wasting the best striker in the league. We even have River of good emblazoned on the back of our kit. Laughable.

You honestly think Chapman has a worse budget than Cowdenbeath and Annan? you let Chapman off if you like he signed the players.

Anyway it's the fans fault he can't sign players

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look harder for a half decent centre half Chapman, this isn't good enough.
Berwick have shown how poor a team they are today.
If we had a decent defence we could easily have 9 points.

That's the worrying thing, the 3 teams we have played so far are all likely to be strugglers and we managed 1 narrow win. Berwick have got absolutely pumped in their other 2 games. We are a shambles.

14 minutes ago, David W said:

Realised that when I posted it. I'm not blaming Chapman for today. Until the equaliser, we were solid at the back and in the centre of midfield. Elgins goals both came from wide positions which he could reasonably have expected to be defended.

The Chairman is entirely to blame for his cost cutting, players that try attitude. Nonsense like give the manager until New Year, which is wasting the best striker in the league. We even have River of good emblazoned on the back of our kit. Laughable.

Maybe this is a post for the main Clyde thread but I've got to admit, whilst it's early days, I've not been impressed by the chairman so far. The afforementioned cost cutring; wee digs at the likes of McNeil for leaving; the entire fiasco over Easton's fitness and then the consistent spouting of cheap, clichéd nonsense. So far, I get the impression that he's all talk and very little action.

Just for clarification, I'm not particularly impressed by Jim Chapman at the moment either.

Regarding McGovern, we should be fair. I understand that he and Peter MacDonald had no intention of staying with us, manager irrespective.

These loans we're waiting on. It'd be a good thing if they were concluded before next Saturday.

4 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

You honestly think Chapman has a worse budget than Cowdenbeath and Annan? you let Chapman off if you like he signed the players.

Anyway it's the fans fault he can't sign players

Don't get the relevance, again. We'll finish ahead of those two sides.

I'll let Chapman off as there's no doubt in my mind that he would have kept Easton, Linton etc if given the budget to do so.

44 minutes ago, AndyCameron88 said:

Definite penalty then?

If so, that fucking donkey has cost us two games in a week with his idiocy. Picking up a pass-back in extra time during the cup and an 89th minute penalty in the league, what a champ! emoji35.png

Stonewaller. 

Clyde were worth their lead in the first 30 minutes - and then reverted to Clyde of old - falling over, squealing, moaning to the ref and generally being raging about everything..Cost you the game.  Surprising really as in the first half you were ok.

Elgin did lift it in the second half and played some good stuff.  The young lad at left back - Strapp on loan from Morton was a stand out - great game young man.

14 minutes ago, David W said:

McGovern was Elgin's best player by miles btw. There's another player we shouldn't have let go.

Aye a proper midfield player against a total sand dancer. 

I know he was never going to stay but as a say a proper player!

Fantastic win for City with McLeish scoring for the second game in a row. JP outstanding in midfield and Strapp had a great game, Thought Riley and Soapy weren't up to their usual standard. Def a penalty and good on Soapy for taking it. Still would like to see Ally Sutherland play from the start as he made a difference.

The corner has turned. 

Don't get the relevance, again. We'll finish ahead of those two sides.
I'll let Chapman off as there's no doubt in my mind that he would have kept Easton, Linton etc if given the budget to do so.

But they let Easton go for fitness reasons did they not ?

You seriously saying that he can't find a decent defender on the budget he has ?

Ps I agree with the innes austerity drive isn't helping but he was clear at the fans meeting that he doesn't see a good budget as a key to success and that money being tight was a positive.

36 minutes ago, David W said:

I'm not blaming Chapman for today. Until the equaliser [...]. Goals [...] which he could reasonably have expected to be defended.

I'm keen that this season, both as discussed online and as manifest on the park, doesn't proceed as every other has for the last ten straight years.

So, two hypothetical questions for you. One: how many goals conceded in the manner of those conceded today will it take for you to become convinced that Chapman could not reasonably have expected them to be defended? Two: in how many matches will you use the conjunction/preposition "until" to effectively exculpate the manager?

And one non-hypothetical question: are you trying tae tell me that Boli and Laudrup cannae play in Europe?

I would be embarrassed supporting a team who are cynical being belief. Clyde totally deserved to lose for there crappy time wasting and persistent fouling. the referee was hilarious at times. Elgin only seem to be able to play when they are losing currently. In all the recent home draws they have always come back from being behind. What a relief to finally get a win. if we play have decent in first half we could be a good team. Onwards and upwards. Delighted McLeish had a good game for first time in a long time. Hopefully we are turning a corner but we have to get a decent goalscorer. Oh and anytime I have seen Scott Smith he is been excellent. He deserves a game. Give Dodd a rest.

46 minutes ago, enclosureview said:

I would be embarrassed supporting a team who are cynical being belief. Clyde totally deserved to lose for there crappy time wasting and persistent fouling. the referee was hilarious at times. Elgin only seem to be able to play when they are losing currently. In all the recent home draws they have always come back from being behind. What a relief to finally get a win. if we play have decent in first half we could be a good team. Onwards and upwards. Delighted McLeish had a good game for first time in a long time. Hopefully we are turning a corner but we have to get a decent goalscorer. Oh and anytime I have seen Scott Smith he is been excellent. He deserves a game. Give Dodd a rest.

I am pretty embarrassed supporting them mate, but not for that reason.

A game that could have went either way but great comeback from City. It should not paper over the cracks though. We won't get above mid table without a striker.

Gordon,I respect your opinion but criticising Soapy the best centre mid in league imo, when he is playing centre forward, then left mid to accommodate others is a bit harsh. He did link play for second and make and score winner, not bad for a half fit player, out of position. JW needs to have the bottle to pick 2 of Reilly, JP or Soapy or play all 3 in centre with 3 at back.

Really impressed with young Strapp, best young player debut I have seen at BB in a long time. Agree that Sutherland is due a run.

Impressed with  Goodwillie looked really fit and sharp. Different wavelength to his teammates. He surely won't be at Clyde at the end of season even with his baggage.

Quite rightly the elgin fans will be delighted like we would have been had Clyde came back from 2 0 down
Like all things football opinions are predicated by a total bias for your team
For elgin it's a great come back for Clyde it's throwing away a lead again because we have a p*** poor defence ( which is clearly true )
Sure the elgin boys are enjoying their night

Utter, utter, utter incompetence. If Goodwillie goes in January we are in bigtrouble. As a club we stumble from one crisis to another and are frankly an embarrassment to the name and history.

We will be lucky to keep him till then the guy deserves to playing at a lot higher level , the guy single handly saved us from the play offs
The defence has been awful from the start and the manager has done nothing

Ps some people are never happy

Archived