Elgin v Clyde

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would take a draw now. Our record away is awful

I'm not traveling all the way to this game to watch a draw.

A 4-2 win or Clyde to dominate, miss lots of chances and lose 3-1

Either way a great game for neutrals.

What are the odds on both teams to score and a minimum of 4 goals ?

Think we should go up there fairly confident of getting a result if we can play like we did Tuesday then I think we will win the game elgin have had a pretty poor start to the season and our record up there is quiete good

I will go 3 1 to the Clyde

4 hours ago, Johnny Däpp said:

Elgin haven't won a league game for a longer run that we went on last season (correct me if I'm wrong). So in true Clyde fashion, home win BTTS over 3.5 goals scored. 

They beat us 4-1 in February and that was their last home win.

Ramsay behind Goodwillie and Smart. Miller and Cuddihy behind him. Stewart and Wright* on either side. And then the same three in front of Currie as there was on Tuesday. We might try Nicoll out in the middle, though he'd bring the same lethargy as Flynn, IMO, even with fresher legs.

Middle of the park stinks to high heaven. We haven't got one good player in there. The fact that we're taking to Cuddihy saddens me. While he's the best of the lot, undoubtedly, he's precisely the opposite of imposing.

*Burbridge or Lowden could come in, as alternatives.

Elgin win, I think. McNiff won't replicate his performance of Tuesday night. Our defence will spring a leak. Midfield will be walked-through. We'll nab maybe one goal, but Elgin one or two more.

Ramsay behind Goodwillie and Smart. Miller and Cuddihy behind him. Stewart and Wright* on either side. And then the same three in front of Currie as there was on Tuesday. We might try Nicoll out in the middle, though he'd bring the same lethargy as Flynn, IMO, even with fresher legs.

Middle of the park stinks to high heaven. We haven't got one good player in there. The fact that we're taking to Cuddihy saddens me. While he's the best of the lot, undoubtedly, he's precisely the opposite of imposing.

*Burbridge or Lowden could come in, as alternatives.

Elgin win, I think. McNiff won't replicate his performance of Tuesday night. Our defence will spring a leak. Midfield will be walked-through. We'll nab maybe one goal, but Elgin one or two more.

Smarticus in midfield utter genius
The guy has scored goals in the last two games let's play him deeper [emoji106]

That's blue sky thinking

You've misread. I'm suggesting that Smart and Goodwillie continue as more-or-less a pair up front, with Ramsay behind them. I wrote it the way I did because it never really looks as though we've got particular roles in mind for each attacker; Chapman seems to see them as a group of quick, strong and skillful players whose only instruction is probably overload and move the ball quickly. Makes sense, actually. Ramsay, Smart and Goodwillie probably aren't the best with complicated instructions. Nor do they need them.

You've misread. I'm suggesting that Smart and Goodwillie continue as more-or-less a pair up front, with Ramsay behind them. I wrote it the way I did because it never really looks as though we've got particular roles in mind for each attacker; Chapman seems to see them as a group of quick, strong and skillful players whose only instruction is probably overload and move the ball quickly. Makes sense, actually. Ramsay, Smart and Goodwillie probably aren't the best with complicated instructions. Nor do they need them.

I did realise that the full stop was a give away [emoji6]

No arguments with Ramsay in that position would like to see burbridge get a start , not convinced about breslin in centre of defence , would like us to sign a big commanding experienced centre half an organiser

Until them we have to be positive driving forward as it's a minimum 2 goals a game to get any points

Elgin without Sutherland are clueless up front. only ever seem to score equalisers right now. Good to win on Tuesday but against an under 20 team. Annan, sorry Clyde usually bully us but fingers crossed we can get a result. been along time in the league.

1 minute ago, cfcuk said:

would like to see burbridge get a start

Probably deserves one. He showed some quality on Tuesday night. Fitting him in is bloody difficult though. Mind, I'd have anyone in ahead of Flynn at the moment; never mind where they're best played...

Probably deserves one. He showed some quality on Tuesday night. Fitting him in is bloody difficult though. Mind, I'd have anyone in ahead of Flynn at the moment; never mind where they're best played...

Burbidge managed to get a cross into the box on every occasion he received the ball.

He works hard, chasing back 80 yards on one occasion on Tuesday. I think he deserves a starting role in his favoured position.

Hopefully with our first competitive win since Feb and the fact that a striker scored the other night hopefully kick starts our season. We're not a bad team and play some good football. Unfortunately Clyde have been a bogey team for us over the past few seasons, but 2-1 to City.

56 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Burbidge managed to get a cross into the box on every occasion he received the ball.

He works hard, chasing back 80 yards on one occasion on Tuesday. I think he deserves a starting role in his favoured position.

Aye, I agree. His favoured position is - I think - on the right wing without much defensive responsibility though, isn't it? We'd be probably talking about four at the back in that case. And only really Miller/Flynn or Cuddihy in the middle. There's a lot of potential for exposure there. Then again, there's a lot of potential for goals too.

It'll be interesting to see what side Chapman picks.

If Breslin and McNiff don't pass the 'late fitness tests' then we're absolutely screwed. Our defence is bad enough without 3 starters missing from it on the other hand Ramsay, Goodwillie and Osadolor in my opinion can cause every team in this league problems. Osadolor has his faults but for me he really does work hard and yes he could pass more but him and Goodwillie up front will always cause problems.

Archived