Irvine Meadow 17/18

MeddaNewGuy

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

im hearing shettleston could have scored 7 or 8 

better being lucky than good eh 

Shettleston were very unfortunate tonight, their young full-back was unlucky to be red carded, the medda winger, no 11 Ben Black would give Tom Daley a run for his money, loves a dive that boy!! Shettleston look as if they could have a good young side forming and very good battling qualities.

im hearing shettleston could have scored 7 or 8 
better being lucky than good eh 

Pretty poor stuff tonight from Meadow but only 12/13 available players which isn't great for this time of season,number of players playing with injury too. Need McTernan, Newman, Miller / Strachan, Boyle etc back asap.

Were a few Darvel spies there tonight I noticed though! Haha

Meadow were very poor tonight... or maybe should say Shet were excellent and if they could finish better, would have won easily.
For Meadow, I suppose playing poorly with a few missing and still winning is a bonus.

ps... thought the pie I had was terrible.. change of supplier needed [emoji6]

9 hours ago, Shannon said:

Pretty poor stuff tonight from Meadow but only 12/13 available players which isn't great for this time of season,number of players playing with injury too. Need McTernan, Newman, Miller / Strachan, Boyle etc back asap.

And we don't understand why you lot are 5/1 for the league and we were 33s albeit now 14s ,and Shannon you can't use injuries as an excuse seemingly nowadays 

14 hours ago, Shannon said:

Wee bit disrespectful there. We had only 13 players stripped with one of them just off the plane from holiday 2 away on holiday and 1 working and 1 suspension and an injury so same for both clubs then? 

Your team one of the favourites for league got battered by 100/1 outsiders and only took points through poor finishing and dodgy officials. And no mention of why Shettleston forced to travel to irvine on a Monday night for just second league match of season to accommodate Irvine clubs playing a bounce game on the Friday before?? 

Anyway good luck to meadow thanks for the hospitality. Get a new pie supplier.

23 minutes ago, jamesmcnaught3 said:

Wee bit disrespectful there. We had only 13 players stripped with one of them just off the plane from holiday 2 away on holiday and 1 working and 1 suspension and an injury so same for both clubs then? 

Your team one of the favourites for league got battered by 100/1 outsiders and only took points through poor finishing and dodgy officials. And no mention of why Shettleston forced to travel to irvine on a Monday night for just second league match of season to accommodate Irvine clubs playing a bounce game on the Friday before?? 

Anyway good luck to meadow thanks for the hospitality. Get a new pie supplier.

dodgy officials james?? understatement, the young number 2 should never have walked, wee number 11 was diving about all night, Shettleston number 6 scores a cracker but ref pulls play back with no advantage, Medda's 2nd goal? no whistle for free kick to be taken, he let's it go and shot deflects over the keeper, 1st goal? looked offside to me. as said previously, I think Shettleston look like they've a good young side there.

17 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Shettleston can't talk of disrespect considering the state they left the dressing room/ showers in last night.

Think the boys where a tad upset Stuart and if you watched the game you will understand why , so a tray of pies being thrown on floor is standard after such a defeat , I believe ,and hardly anything to get upset enough to mention on here.

24 minutes ago, hillslad said:

dodgy officials james?? understatement, the young number 2 should never have walked, wee number 11 was diving about all night, Shettleston number 6 scores a cracker but ref pulls play back with no advantage, Medda's 2nd goal? no whistle for free kick to be taken, he let's it go and shot deflects over the keeper, 1st goal? looked offside to me. as said previously, I think Shettleston look like they've a good young side there.

A lot of poor decisions by officials but the second goal was particularly hard to take. Already down to 10 men the referee pulls a  town player aside , which leaves us another man down, and allows free kick to be taken behind his back while he's still speaking to player then allows deflected goal to stand. Could actually be on here all day talking about officials performance. Need to move on team improving all we need is a couple of wins and full squad together maybe couple more additions. Long way to go and not there yet by any means but think a wee £10 each way at 100/1 might be to good to miss. Anyone else at last nights game think?

Shettleston can't talk of disrespect considering the state they left the dressing room/ showers in last night.

Your lot can't talk about disrespect considering your own manager was pulling his players off the pitch and not allowing them to congratulate Vics on there win or even applaud the trophy presentation at the end of the match on Friday.

Even the 0-0 match in the sectional group he gave piles of abuse to Vics players throughout the match and had to send a text on the Monday and asked Stevie Wilson to apologise to Vics players on his behalf and the list was 9 players long. Horrible behaviour from a manager who is representing a club.

And, no Ross, we don't wish it was yous playing the Buffs as we now have a semi final set up against one of the best teams in the country at Vics Park tomorrow night. Thanks for the concern though.

Mon the Toria!

Think the boys where a tad upset Stuart and if you watched the game you will understand why , so a tray of pies being thrown on floor is standard after such a defeat , I believe ,and hardly anything to get upset enough to mention on here.

So every club should expect this carry on when you lose away from home? Hopefully they're aware of this and just don't bother supplying any food.

Your lot can't talk about disrespect considering your own manager was pulling his players off the pitch and not allowing them to congratulate Vics on there win or even applaud the trophy presentation at the end of the match on Friday.

Even the 0-0 match in the sectional group he gave piles of abuse to Vics players throughout the match and had to send a text on the Monday and asked Stevie Wilson to apologise to Vics players on his behalf and the list was 9 players long. Horrible behaviour from a manager who is representing a club.

And, no Ross, we don't wish it was yous playing the Buffs as we now have a semi final set up against one of the best teams in the country at Vics Park tomorrow night. Thanks for the concern though.

Mon the Toria!

If you read the Irvine Herald article yesterday, Ross apologised for Friday night and the matter had been put to bed.

Archived