Midweek results 15th/16th august

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched this game tonight and all I can say is I fully expect the SFA to receive a letter from both clubs with regards the officiating at this game. The quality was terrible even one of the linesman was shaking his head at some of the decisions. Mids started the better but allowed the poor decisions to frustrate them, uppers are very direct and I can see how they will cause any back 4 problems. Don't think you can read much into either performance as the weather was terrible. Mids picked up a few injuries which could have been avoided if the ref had taken control. Only pleasing thing was when BG came on he got clattered a couple of times and made a fool of himself.

22 minutes ago, Hugh Janus said:

Watched this game tonight and all I can say is I fully expect the SFA to receive a letter from both clubs with regards the officiating at this game. The quality was terrible even one of the linesman was shaking his head at some of the decisions. Mids started the better but allowed the poor decisions to frustrate them, uppers are very direct and I can see how they will cause any back 4 problems. Don't think you can read much into either performance as the weather was terrible. Mids picked up a few injuries which could have been avoided if the ref had taken control. Only pleasing thing was when BG came on he got clattered a couple of times and made a fool of himself.

Officials jobs made harder by both dugouts carrying on, entering the field of play (BG) and abusing officials and wanting to fight opposition coach (PF)

Granted I think the moffat no4 should of received 4 yellows and mids RCB should of seen straight red for shocking tackle.

overall both teams cancelled each other out with weather not helping either side. Both will finish top 6

Didn't think the ref had that bad a game tonight at Lockerbie considering the conditions. Both teams were committed and a number of yellows were given out for both teams. Mids had 4 booked I think so it was hardly just uppers who were causing mids injuries!! Quite a good game aswell and both teams could've won it with good chances near the end. A draw was a fair result in my opinion. 

9 hours ago, outsider said:

Noticed on facebook that a few are starting to gloat about Lochars good start to the season.

Pity some can't show a bit of humility after a good win.

A few on Facebook can't wait for lochar to be beat. Clean up you and lochmaben. 

Was at the game last night. Mids v uppers.. standing with my brother... I need to disagree and say uppers are terrible I reckon bottom 6 for them. Defence... slow real slow.. anyone with pace will open them up... midfield absolutely non existent.. prob wouldn't get a game at Sunday level and as for upfront.. Nothing there... for example the two... overweight in my opinion centre halfs for mids had a stroll back there.. Just my opinion.

33 minutes ago, ecclesbrother said:

Was at the game last night. Mids v uppers.. standing with my brother... I need to disagree and say uppers are terrible I reckon bottom 6 for them. Defence... slow real slow.. anyone with pace will open them up... midfield absolutely non existent.. prob wouldn't get a game at Sunday level and as for upfront.. Nothing there... for example the two... overweight in my opinion centre halfs for mids had a stroll back there.. Just my opinion.

I would say Mids have probably the quickest forward line in the league in Neill, Smith and Hammond and last night there goal came from a freekick. Neill had a good chance late on which hit side netting but other than that wouldn't say they carved them open. 

Thought Swan in middle for uppers was best player on pitch IMO, great through ball for uppers goal. 

Agree though I was disappointed in uppers forward line, wee number 9 was lively but other 2 didn't look interested 

Archived