The astonishingly bad song thread

tongue_tied_danny

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Tremendous. Looks like you had a good time.

Must admit to being curious about Japanese Death Metal - you got any suggestions for where to start?

That's my mate, not me. I'm far more handsome.....

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Tremendous. Looks like you had a good time.

Must admit to being curious about Japanese Death Metal - you got any suggestions for where to start?

Apparently, Osaka has a big death metal scene.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 06/03/2019 at 22:53, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The ‘90s genre of “Funk Metal” produced a lot of stuff that was genuinely bad in this way. Combining the dark heaviness of KC and the Sunshine band with the cool funkiness of Slayer

Exhibit A: Get the funk out by Extreme

On 07/03/2019 at 18:52, BallochSonsFan said:

That might have funk in the title but it is neither funk nor metal. It's simply overblown 80s hair rock and absolutely no different to any number of overblown 80s hair rock bands.

On 07/03/2019 at 21:21, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I just meant that when it was bad it was worse than bad Funk or bad metal because it failed twice.

I just have to jump in here from reading through this thread.

I get the general point you guys are making, but that's an absolutely terrible example to pick in order to illustrate it. By that I mean, you've picked one of the most highly respected, admired and influential guitar players and songwriters alive, generally considered to have very few peers in guitar, playing a song that is a key track from an album that sold obscene amounts of copies, that has influenced countless successful guitar players to even pick up the instrument in the first place. A song that moved Brian May to put out a near-10 minute video analysing and talking about the brilliance of it.

I absolutely 100% get anyone who doesn't like it or has no interest in it at all, but appearing in this topic is like mentioning Pryor/Connolly/Chappelle/Hicks in an "Astonishingly bad comedian" thread.

Also on a separate point, it's always annoyed me when people criticize Friday by Rebecca Black in things like this, and also the stick it got at the time. It wasn't a singer putting out a single, It's literally a parent who has bought her daughter a "come to a studio and record your own song" experience for her birthday, and then the company put it up on youtube so you can say to your pals "hey i've got a song", except that particular one went viral. It would be like someone getting their 15 year old kid a track day experience at Knockhill for your birthday and then the world hating them for thinking they were a rally driver.

Finally, the songs on this thread by BrokenCyde and Attack Attack may be close to the worst things i've ever heard.

Edited by Al B