The astonishingly bad song thread

tongue_tied_danny

2 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

2 girls in my office are playing some shite from a banned called Bad Boy Chiller Crew. Anybody had the misfortune of listening to them? I would link but on a restricted work PC.

🤣I was not aware of their work so looked them up. Good to see Polmont are actively trying to help kids achieve their dreams when they get out. This one definitely belongs in this thread. Good work @latapythelegend.

On 22/04/2021 at 17:28, latapythelegend said:

2 girls in my office are playing some shite from a band called Bad Boy Chiller Crew. Anybody had the misfortune of listening to them? I would link but on a restricted work PC.

According to The Wikipedia they're a "bassline collective".

WTF?

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

22 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

🤣I was not aware of their work so looked them up. Good to see Polmont are actively trying to help kids achieve their dreams when they get out. This one definitely belongs in this thread. Good work @latapythelegend.

Poor man's version of this

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

Pish song and an embarrassing video.

What a p***k.

14 hours ago, paranoid android said:

I love this track. :unsure2:

It is a questionable choice, especially given that St. Winifred’s School Choir, Chas & Dave and Dennis Waterman were in the charts at the same time. By the looks of things we were in the middle of yet another 50’s revival as well, with Darts, Matchbox and Showaddywaddy also appearing.

Yet this song is the astonishingly bad one? Nah!

1 hour ago, Funky Nosejob said:

It is a questionable choice, especially given that St. Winifred’s School Choir, Chas & Dave and Dennis Waterman were in the charts at the same time. By the looks of things we were in the middle of yet another 50’s revival as well, with Darts, Matchbox and Showaddywaddy also appearing.

Yet this song is the astonishingly bad one? Nah!

To be fair, there are things about 'Clues' that are a wee bit odd, but I've always liked it - Bob Palmer often gets a wee bit of a rough ride, which I reckon is wee bit harsh. 

I did like one or two Matchbox tunes as well, mind! :lol:

I will always maintain that 'There ain't no Pleasing You' by C & D is a banger. 

I'm not doing myself any favours here, am I? :unsure:

I have vague recollections of the mid-70s 50s revival, but was too young to recognise it as such at the time. 
By the looks of that chart, we had another one in the early 80s. 
I also recollect another one in the late 80s due to Levis 501 adverts. This ultimately led to Jive Bunny stinking the charts out. 

19 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

Pish song and an embarrassing video.

What a p***k.

Won't have a bad word said about Robert Palmer. The covers he cut are of some of the best songs written, worked with top musicians and Sneakin' Sally (check the musicians on that album) and Pressure Drop are two of the very finest albums. Well, I think so, anyway.