The astonishingly bad song thread

tongue_tied_danny

I honestly don't know what I'd say is the worst ever, I know the song in question would be loved by folk who wear clothes from stone Island and pretty green so basically [insert any of those mundane songs]. 

10 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

That horribly drippy version of "Born To Be Wild" that's in the car ad on tv. Dennis Hopper would not be pleased.

I keep hoping these horrific dirges are going to go out of fashion again, but it seems that a substantial proportion of the population hear music and think, "ooh, bit full-on. Maybe lose the instruments and tone the vocals down so I can fall asleep to it? Alright, well, if it has to have an instrument, can it be something twee like a ukulele?"

I didn't think that phase where everything had to have a techno beat played over the top could be beaten, but here we are.

I'm gonna start off by saying The Stone Roses are my favourite band and have been for the last 22 years.  I idolised them as a teenager and the debut album is, in my opinion, the greatest album of all time.  

Today I heard Ian Brown's new song.  It is quite possibly the worst song I have ever heard.  Fucking atrocious doesn't even come close.

25 minutes ago, the aggressive beggar said:

I'm gonna start off by saying The Stone Roses are my favourite band and have been for the last 22 years.  I idolised them as a teenager and the debut album is, in my opinion, the greatest album of all time.  

Today I heard Ian Brown's new song.  It is quite possibly the worst song I have ever heard.  Fucking atrocious doesn't even come close.

Fucking hell!

1 hour ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

The Stone Roses were my favourite band too but everything Ian Brown has touched since "Something's Burning" faded out in 1990 has been fucking awful. This is pushing that envelope ever further. Dreadful.

I'm going to be controversial here...

Unfinished Monkey Business is a great album.

His solo career has been a very mixed bag.  Overall I'd say each album averages a couple of very good tracks surrounded by fillers and tripe.  I could make a cracking mix tape if I could be bothered.  FEAR, My Star, Corpses, Marathon Man, Sister Rose, all excellent.

Unfortunately I think I'm done with him now with all this conspiracy pish and kinda glad the Roses re-imploded before he turned them into an embarrassment - if All For One didn't manage that already.

• 4 weeks later...

Just listened to that Ian Brown song.  Dear oh dear.

The older I get the more I look at certain bands and singers I thought were cool and intelligent when I was a teenager, the more I realise what complete wankers they were.  Ian Brown, Bobby GIllespie, the Gallghers.  Truly a bunch of complete wankers, however much you think of their music.  Looking back no-one should really be surprised that Brown especially has turned out like this, he was always a drug addled, paranoid conspiracy loon.

On 20/09/2020 at 19:31, the aggressive beggar said:

Fair comment but All For One was a steaming pile.