The astonishingly bad song thread

tongue_tied_danny

On 11/04/2022 at 12:01, paranoid android said:

Really annoys me that the two songs you were guaranteed to hear at latter-day Genesis concerts were 'Invisible Touch' and the appalling 'Home by the Sea' at the expense of more substantial stuff. 

This, meanwhile, is utterly pish: 

I don't like Genesis, but I do like this!

Yours, ever the square

aDONis

On 22/09/2022 at 18:44, Miguel Sanchez said:

Ever since I started listening to music I've bought CDs rather than downloading or streaming. I still have all of them. There's some utter, utter shite that I'd never listen to now and that I'm quite embarrassed by, but I feel as if my collection is a complete snapshot of my life and I don't really want to lose parts of that. Recently I had the idea of starting at the beginning and going through them alphabetically. And sharing the shite with you.

After hearing their only real hit, Wires, on a Now! CD I remember loving the Athlete album that song was on. Their third album was great and had some stuff on it that's almost interesting even now. I remember it took ages for me to ever find their first album in a shop and being wildly excited when I did. It wasn't good then, it's not good now.

Listening to this album gave me the idea for doing this in this thread, and I genuinely couldn't pick which of the twelve songs to post. Chorus!

Bloody 'ell this is the wrong thread for me.  Vehicles and Animals would be one of my favourite albums of all time.

Yours, nowt so queer as folk

aDONis

I see the Broken Records podcast has finished due to some kind of falling out between the hosts Stephen Hill and Remfry Dedman. Real shame, as it was a lot of fun listening to them giggling their way through reviews of embarrassingly bad music. Thanks again to @NorthernLights for bringing them to my attention.

If anyone's interested, YouTube recommended Todd in the Shadows' YouTube channel to me recently, and he has a series called Trainwreckords that covers very similar ground, including some of the same albums. More of a faux-serious thing than Broken Records, though.

22 hours ago, BFTD said:

I see the Broken Records podcast has finished due to some kind of falling out between the hosts Stephen Hill and Remfry Dedman. Real shame, as it was a lot of fun listening to them giggling their way through reviews of embarrassingly bad music. Thanks again to @NorthernLights for bringing them to my attention.

If anyone's interested, YouTube recommended Todd in the Shadows' YouTube channel to me recently, and he has a series called Trainwreckords that covers very similar ground, including some of the same albums. More of a faux-serious thing than Broken Records, though.

Todd in the shadows is great and it was Train Wreckords that introduced me to the mötley Crue piano ballad 

Pat Finnerty’s “What makes this song stink” series starts as a parody of Rick Beato’s “What makes this song great” but has developed a weird life of it’s own by the time he gets to Machine Gun Kelly it’s through the looking glass

He buys a camera after shooting the first two on his phone

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

18 hours ago, BFTD said:

It is a shame but not exactly unheard of. Stephen Hill used to be on another podcast called That's Not Metal a few years ago and there was stuff that went on there that caused him to split with his co-host on that and that resulted in Riot Act being formed.

Who knows what exactly triggered them to fall out. Remfry has obviously been out of the picture for a while now. Without getting details about who said/did what etc I don't see any point in taking sides or stuff like that.

Hill has started a new podcast with a new co-host called Trve Cvlt Pop - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100086272441085

He says it'll be pretty much just like Riot Act but just a wider scope of music covered. They have already started doing indvidual reviews of older albums (previously called Rioteers Review, now rebranded as Yovr Cvlt Pop). I'm very sure I saw a post somewhere on social media that indicated Broken Records would undergo a similar rebranding. Whether it lives up to Broken Records will remain to be seen.

• 2 weeks later...