The astonishingly bad song thread

tongue_tied_danny

Peaked at number 2 in the UK charts in 2003. The chorus is interestingly based on the Morrocan folk song 'A Ram Sam Sam'. The original version of the song was recorded in Dutch by Erik Dikeb under the name 'Pizza-ha-ha'. A German version also exists by DJ Ötzi of Hey Baby fame under the name 'Burger Dance' which hit number 1 in Germany.

To be fair, there are things about 'Clues' that are a wee bit odd, but I've always liked it - Bob Palmer often gets a wee bit of a rough ride, which I reckon is wee bit harsh. 
I did like one or two Matchbox tunes as well, mind! [emoji38]
I will always maintain that 'There ain't no Pleasing You' by C & D is a banger. 
I'm not doing myself any favours here, am I? :unsure:
There Ain't No Pleasing you was one of the first singles I ever bought.

• 2 weeks later...

Mind that time a literal fucking hymn got to UK number one. Almost ended up as Christmas number one & the last number one of the 20th century but luckily those upstanding good honest laddies in Westlife saved us all.

It probably goes without saying, but this thread's been going for four years and nobody's actually bothered posting the undisputed king of these competitions - Richard Harris' version of MacArthur Park.

Not the winner for me, though. I've listened to most of the submissions so far, and nothing has yet beaten the third post. Just so, so utterly appalling in every way. We all do things we regret as teenagers, but you'd surely go into witness protection to escape association with that monstrosity.

On 16/08/2021 at 16:15, philpy said:

Ah yes. "I've got work in the morning, early early in the morning" lyrical genius...

Yes!! other people who can't stand this song. 

"You know i sleep on the left side, and if you sleep on the left side, i'd move to the right yeah i'd do it for you"

Edited by red23

On 30/08/2021 at 20:32, Jimi Shandrix said:

Indie landfill at its absolute worst. 

The indie landfill era was a terrible time for the UK music scene. All these utterly brutal bands crawling out of the woodwork. Each one hammering another nail into the coffin of British youth culture.