The astonishingly bad song thread

tongue_tied_danny

Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of Bob Dylan's songs, a lot of them sung by other folk tbf. Bruce Springsteen's radio shows have been terrific, but he played this on the latest one and it was the first I've heard it. Thought it was dreadful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I'm going to preface this by stating that I've never had a problem with Gary Barlow or Take That, however, this is absolute fucking dogshit...

They done a song like Resistance era Muse that was better than Resistance era Muse. Sorry, I don't have much else to add other than Gary Barlow is a Tory b*****d.

Oh good call. That’s exactly what this thread is for

If you’re a teenage virgin whose first and only relationship lasted two weeks then the song probably speaks directly to your situation but for everyone else the natural reaction is “Fucking get over yourself you whinging brat”

Musically it’s second rate Nirvana -lite released in 2001 a decade too late

Had it been released in 1990 it would have still been musically relevant and my teenage self would have thought the lyrics were really deep

I'll just leave this here...

I'm not exactly a fan of bon Jovi at the best of times but this is possible a crime against humanity and a purge of anything musical he has ever touched is an appropriate sentence

On 08/11/2020 at 02:43, GNU_Linux said:

Not even the haze of nostalgia can save some of the god awful shîte nu metal threw up.

(fwiw the only nu metal album that holds up with nostalgia glasses off is Bitterness The Star by 36 Crazyfists)

No that is awful and they are dung too.

On 08/11/2020 at 02:43, GNU_Linux said:

Not even the haze of nostalgia can save some of the god awful shîte nu metal threw up.

(fwiw the only nu metal album that holds up with nostalgia glasses off is Bitterness The Star by 36 Crazyfists)

I mind Matt Christman saying on a podcast that Limp Bizkit performing Break Stuff at Woodstock '99 initiated an occult ritual that directly caused 9/11 and I think listening to any nu-metal makes that feel plausible. Watching the footage itself feels damning to Fred Durst and the boys.