The astonishingly bad song thread

tongue_tied_danny

On 20/09/2020 at 19:57, tongue_tied_danny said:

Fucking hell!

How much auto tune was needed to get him to be able to get that in tune, I have no idea.  A lot.  

On 20/09/2020 at 20:11, Highland Capital said:

Sounds like it was written by Alex Jones.  The doodling on the guitar could've been Alex Jones as well.

He does bang on about chemtrails for a bit in that song, doesn’t he?  

At first time, I thought it was going to be a minimalist Dead Man-era Neil Young guitar blast, and I was quite prepared to go to battle for it..  Unfortunately it was more like a Dead Neil Young song.  Dreadful lyrics, dreadful guitar, anti-vax samples.  Lordy.

“A false vaccine, like a bad dream”.   If only, Ian.  If only.

Edited by Savage Henry

Discharge's 1982 debut 'Hear Nothing See Nothing Say Nothing' is a seminal album that pretty much invented the d-beat style of hardcore & influenced countless bands in hardcore, punk & metal circles. In 1986 this happened.... Those fucking vocals man.

9 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Shite music, shite attire, shite hairstyles and the denouement at the end is just fucking embarrassing. This could be the most toe curling thing I've seen for a while.

Me and the missus were going to go guising as Howard Jones and Jed this year. I am sad that it's not going to happen. Oh well, maybe next year.

1 minute ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Me and the missus were going to go guising as Howard Jones and Jed this year. I am sad that it's not going to happen. Oh well, maybe next year.

I saw Howard Jones live at the old Brannigans pub in Dundee around 20 years ago. He was shite and thankfully Jed wasn't there.

2 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I saw Howard Jones live at the old Brannigans pub in Dundee around 20 years ago. He was shite and thankfully Jed wasn't there.

It's no coincidence  that his career went down the dumper after he ditched Jed. I like Jed. More bands should have a Jed. Arctic Monkeys or U2 say, would be seriously improved if they had a Jed.

4 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

It's no coincidence  that his career went down the dumper after he ditched Jed. I like Jed. More bands should have a Jed. Arctic Monkeys or U2 say, would be seriously improved if they had a Jed.

Good point. The Happy Mondays would be nothing without Bez and Chas Smash is Madness.

On 20/09/2020 at 19:31, the aggressive beggar said:

I'm gonna start off by saying The Stone Roses are my favourite band and have been for the last 22 years.  I idolised them as a teenager and the debut album is, in my opinion, the greatest album of all time.  

Today I heard Ian Brown's new song.  It is quite possibly the worst song I have ever heard.  Fucking atrocious doesn't even come close.

Legitimately painful and uncomfortable to listen to.