The astonishingly bad song thread

tongue_tied_danny

This thread is a celebration of talentless morons and fuckwits who have released utterly dreadful records over the years. I would prefer songs by acts that had a modicum of success, like radio airplay or an appearance on Top of the Pops, rather than somebody just recording absolute pish in their bedroom. However, feel free to post anything you want, as long as we can collectively laugh at how shite it is.

I'll get the ball rolling with this bunch of useless c***s...

27 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

This thread is a celebration of talentless morons and fuckwits who have released utterly dreadful records over the years. I would prefer songs by acts that had a modicum of success, like radio airplay or an appearance on Top of the Pops, rather than somebody just recording absolute pish in their bedroom. However, feel free to post anything you want, as long as we can collectively laugh at how shite it is.

I'll get the ball rolling with this bunch of useless c***s...

I did always wonder what Freddy Krueger did before the kid molestation and subsequent immolation.

No way, no way will anything beat this. Mah na mah na.

The Last Shadow Puppets are utterly lacking in talent, but this may be their worst.  There's a version they did live on Jimmy Kimmel or Conan O'Brien or whoever which was even worse than this version, but that appears to have been taken down.

I actually don't mind the occasional dose of shit 80s tween pop music. Tiffany? Yes Please. Debbie Gibson? By all means shake your love.

But this is just soul destroying.

I'd also hold Meghan Trainor's head under until she stopped kicking.

Although I have a weird fondness for Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.

And If I was posting every shite modern glossy country song then I'd be here all night. Pish like Florida Georgia Line, Lady Antebellum, Brad Paisley and all those other grotesque, over-produced, cliche-ridden pop whores who took proper working class country and turned it into stadium tour, big-budget, cartoon music. f**k you and f**k the Nashville music machine. Started with the likes of Garth Brooks and Alan Jackson. 

I'll give Kacey Musgraves a pass given her lyrics that rip the piss out of glossy, redneck gone disney country music and her comments that challenge southern conservative values.

Not sure if this qualifies as "a modicum of success", but I saw this band supporting Dirty Pretty Things in about 2008 - didn't even particularly want to see DPT but got dragged along - and they're genuinely the worst band I've ever seen.

I mean there are bad songs, but these c***s don't seem to have any actual musical ability at all.

The absolute nadir of their set was one in which the chorus had something about "boulders on our shoulders", but I can't find that one.

I realise they're hardly successful, but I think "supporting that guy who used to be in the Libertines" is a just about step above "recording absolute pish in their bedroom".