Rovers v Rangers

Ro Sham Bo

Raith and Brora, that is.

Can't see a topic on this match so thought I'd get one started as it is currently being discussed over in the general Rovers thread.

With our small squad we need to be sensible about injuries here so the time is probably right to give a run out to 3 or 4 youngsters.

If we play half decent we'll win but complacency could be a factor after the Buckie result a few weeks ago.

Play the under 20s. Regardless of us winning it before against Rangers, it's still a diddy cup which has been made even worse by the presence of colt teams. Nothing personal about it to Brora, but I'd rather we gave some of the lads who desperately need to get match experience some game time. The last thing we need is ending up with an injury to a key player in a cup where there's a limited prize pool. I'd far rather we kept our first team away from it. 

Not  great game; had its moments. No doubt we were the better team but Brora were no mugs and could easily have had a couple of goals; the score flttered us a bit. Our first goal was a Callachan free header in the box. The had missed a sitter just before that. The two second half goals were both the result of long balls over the top with Vaughan firing in a strong shot froma n angle, and Osei rounding the keeper to score. In between they had a short spell of pressure during which they hit the woodwork.

I know it's a diddy cup and aw that but progress means the chance of another 1000 odd supporters spending money in the club's direction.

With that in mind, decent professional performance to progress with Vaughan keeping up his scoring and another tremendous save from Lennox.

Good to see Callachan and Osei on the scoresheet too.

Surprised how good Brora were. So much better than Buckie. Saw a bus like that before, Paris St Germain had one. F-ing crazy that a team of farmers can have a bus like that. They must own it as it's coveted in their badges.

2 minutes ago, gyrfalcon said:

Surprised how good Brora were. So much better than Buckie. Saw a bus like that before, Paris St Germain had one. F-ing crazy that a team of farmers can have a bus like that. They must own it as it's coveted in their badges.

I thought they looked a better footballing side than I've seen in the 2nd Division. They didnt resort to the sneaky fouling we've seen from Alloa and Stranraer either.

I thought they looked a better footballing side than I've seen in the 2nd Division. They didnt resort to the sneaky fouling we've seen from Alloa and Stranraer either.

They played well but resorted to a bunch of clogging fermers by the end which did them no favours.....ah well through to play a colt team in the next round probably....wish Brora well in the season.

Just now, RRFC2711 said:

They played well but resorted to a bunch of clogging fermers by the end which did them no favours.....ah well through to play a colt team in the next round probably....wish Brora well in the season.

They did a bit, but to me it looked as much down to tiredness as indiscipline. I didnt think the referee gave them much either, which seemed to frustrate them.

Archived