Pars v Arbroath - Return of the Dick

So Dick Campbell returns to East End on Challenge Cup duty, and for some unfathomable reason there isn't a thread for this game yet.

AJ has said he's going to make changes for the game, so I can see the likes of M'voto, Splaine, Lochead and maybe Duthie getting a run out. I'd probably rest Smith and play him on Saturday and maybe bring McManus in to play with Hopkirk.

Many Lichties fans coming down?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't realise that Hutton signed for Arbroath. He was a bit shite.

Gill

Duthie
M'Voto
Morris
Martin

Paton
Splaine
Lochhead
Hopkirk

Smith
McManus

Don't care for the result at all, get some youth players out and give them a shot.

I expect changes for us. McCord and Swankie to start. Cammy Gill was at us last season and didn't play a minute. Complete waste of a loan on someone Iv been told is very well thought of by Pars supporters.

I'd expect probably around 50 Lichties to make the trip. Midweek in a competition that many of our fans hate will keep our numbers down

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Didn't realise that Hutton signed for Arbroath. He was a bit shite.

Gill

Duthie
M'Voto
Morris
Martin

Paton
Splaine
Lochhead
Hopkirk

Smith
McManus

Don't care for the result at all, get some youth players out and give them a shot.

Read somewhere that Martin was suspended for this one? Would imagine Aird will start at right-back with Duthie on the left.

I would rest Smith as well and keep Hoppy up front - probably keep Shiels in to get more game time behind him and bring him off second half.

The other young guys like Morrison & Luke will probably be on the bench with a chance of a run-out later on.

Still undecided if I'll head along, very little interest!

Would probably avoid it if we were playing a 20s side just out of principal but will travel down, we've started the season well. Spanked from Hibs but gave Ross County a real game so interesting to see how we fair against a championship team. 

Would anticipate several changes. 

Starting line-up:

• Murdoch
  • Williamson
  • Talbot
  • Morris
  • Duthie
  • Paton
  • Splaine
  • Lochhead
  • Ryan
  • Aird
  • Hopkirk

Subs: Gill, McManus, Wedderburn, Shiels, Higginbotham, Cardle, Smith

Ryan makes his competitive debut, Aird's first EEP appearance, Duthie at centre half(?) M'Voto and Ashcroft not involved at all and Cammy Gill can't even get a game in the diddy cup.

Edit- Scratch that, must be Talbot at centre half and Duthie at full back.

Talbot at left centre half.
Ryan has scored on debut, a nice volley after the initial clearance dropped nicely for him but he still had to make sure he caught it well and he did.
Arbroath now down to ten after a horrendous decision by the ref (I don't think it was a foul at all) but once he gave it he probably had to send him off with it being a clear goalscoring opportunity. A shame as we're not going to learn and awful lot now (although I'm not liking my first sighting of Splaine and Duthie hasn't looked too clever).

Archived