#Sonshamers v Sons

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Craig Barr and Tom Walsh doubtful for us. Hutton and Handling both back in the squad. We could really do with Craig Barr not being injured to be honest. Can't understand why he wasn't rested during the week, 3 games in 7 days is always going to be a struggle for him. If both Walsh and Barr are out, I reckon we'll see this team:

Gallacher

Wardrop -- Dowie -- Hill -- McLaughlin

Carswell -- Wilson

C. Gallagher -- Stewart -- Roy

Nade

Wouldn't be against Hutton starting but I'd like to see how Carswell and Wilson do together. I'd also probably prefer Handling in place of Stewart (can Handling play wide?) but with Stewart scoring midweek I can't see Stevie dropping him. We will need to take our chances tomorrow because I'm not sure we'll create many of them. Hopefully Super Ally continues his good form.

Carswell and Wilson is a pairing I'd like to see too. It'd mean Carswell can do the Carswell stuff he does so effectively, thus allowing Wilson to try more of the delicious passing we witnessed at Falkirk for Ally Roy's goal.

22 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Carswell and Wilson is a pairing I'd like to see too. It'd mean Carswell can do the Carswell stuff he does so effectively, thus allowing Wilson to try more of the delicious passing we witnessed at Falkirk for Ally Roy's goal.

Unless he's called on to play in goal again, like he was on Wednesday.

Capture.JPG.a1fb54233fa8ef69252feff1a7c0dd6f.JPG

Not much happening on this thread and less than 3 hours until KO.

Not overly confident about this one with the possibility of Kane and Dobbie up front for Queens.

We've got a decent record down in your place of late though and I wouldn't rule out us grinding something out here. I'll got for a 2-2 Draw with the goals coming from Dobbie, Lyle , Nade and Handling.

Got to be looking for a win in this one at home so I'll go for 2-1. Our goals coming from Lyle who will start and Kane getting off the mark for the winner.

I think it'll be tight though, no easy games in this division and Dumbarton are a good side.

Ooft. Dat team.

Wit the f**k is that.

#StevieAitkenTacticalGenius

That is bizarre. Dill dropped after being MOTM to accommodate Hutton with Mango moving back to CB.

Ally Roy on the bench. Davie Smith back on the wing? Stewart up top alone?

This should be fun.

Walsh and Barr both carrying knocks and start. Roy and Nade been arguably of our best so far and dropped. Seems madness.

The curse of the AstroTurf pitch?

St Johnstone don't play Stevie McLean on synthetic pitches. Maybe we're doing the same with Nade?

1 minute ago, BallochSonsFan said:

St Johnstone don't play Stevie McLean on synthetic pitches. Maybe we're doing the same with Nade?

Possible. But never been a problem before and if it was the case I'm sure he wouldn't have been in the squad at all and that we would have made it clear that was why.

4 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Hasn't seemed to be a problem for him in the past. I think he's setting up for a point and suffocating Dobbie, Kane and Lyle.

10 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

#StevieAitkenTacticalGenius

That is bizarre. Dill dropped after being MOTM to accommodate Hutton with Mango moving back to CB.

Ally Roy on the bench. Davie Smith back on the wing? Stewart up top alone?

This should be fun.

This really is weird...we could be on a hiding here as stewart offers no threat upfront.Unless there are injuries to key players this is truly a bizarre lineup.Roy and nade offer us a goal threat so it looks like we are setting up to defend our 18 yard box.As for queens that front 3 is hardon material.Arguably the best forward line in the league.

Nade doesn't have a particularly bad injury history in terms of a long term injury that would flare up due to a plastic pitch. We also train on a plastic pitch two nights a week, he managed 90 against Falkirk last weekend and has never had any issues playing on one before.

Hill, Nade and Roy have argubly been our 3 best performers so far, unless they are carrying knocks it seems bonkers to drop them but we shall see.

Not convinced Hutton and Carswell should be playing together in there, they seem too similar but again we'll see how that goes.

Archived