#Sonshamers v Sons

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

£16 to see Dobs, Aldo, Kano and Andy Stirling. A bargain. You should all come, and bring your friends.

Our supporters bus isn't even running, so I doubt there will be many there at all never mind friends of fans.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our supporters bus isn't even running, so I doubt there will be many there at all never mind friends of fans.

Bus cancelled already aye? Seems hasty.

Is there no way the Trust could operate a smaller bus instead of having to cancel so regularly? The question has been asked a few times but I'm not sure we've ever really had an answer.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Spider Ramsay.

The name is familiar, what era did he play with us?  If I did see him play it was right at the beginning of my time supporting the club.

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Good one.

Willie Watters

Presumably Willie Watters was pish?

6 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

The name is familiar, what era did he play with us?  If I did see him play it was right at the beginning of my time supporting the club.

Presumably Willie Watters was pish?

Pretty awful for us.

Scored loads of goals against us for the likes of Kilmarnock and Stirling Albion.

Played for us early 90s

Willie Watters was a goal machine for St Johnstone in the final season or so at Muirton Park. 

He was rotund. But he knew where the net was.

He might also have scored a hat-trick the day we clinched promotion from the old second division in a 4-0 win against Arbroath in 1987-88, which prompted a legendary pitch invasion. The players threw their shirts into the crowd from the upper tier in the old Main Stand, before getting a row from the club later on cos we couldn't afford it!

But maybe he didn't, I can't remember.

26 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Ramsay was around '94/95ish I'd say.

I could check, but that's cheating.

Barry John Corr.  Always seemed to have a standout playing for Stranraer against us but was possibly the worst keeper I have seen in a Queens jersey. And I include Antell in that. I think Corr packed in senior football when he left us. 

Archived