PSJFC v PTFC 19.8.17

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Steven Anderson...

7 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Can totally understand how folk can get the two most technically gifted players in our team mixed up, easy mistake to make.

I had my hands over my eyes by that point to be fair :lol:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had my hands over my eyes by that point to be fair [emoji38]

I only knew it was him because I was raging at him for "holding onto the ball for too long, like always, and he'll end up just punting it out the park" [emoji38]

I made a similar complaint about six years, when he ended up on the right wing, c**t done a step over then whipped in one of the best crosses I've ever seen.

Some boi.

I don't think Thistle fans can blame Christie Elliott for letting MoH go on a run, when was the last time a fullback stepped inside 2/3 of the pitch to follow a winger? The Thistle midfield should have dropped deep and picked him up, or Turnbull should have shifted across, dragging Elliott and Keown with him. It wasn't bad defending, just a very clever run which took out half of Thistles team because they weren't expecting it, nor knew how to counteract it. I'm more annoyed that MoH only did it once in the whole game.

You can see the space he creates simply by being a threat, at times there were 3 men on him and a simply pass to the fullback and then a clip inside to an on rushing midfielder opened Thistle up.

7 minutes ago, Widge said:

I don't think Thistle fans can blame Christie Elliott for letting MoH go on a run, when was the last time a fullback stepped inside 2/3 of the pitch to follow a winger? The Thistle midfield should have dropped deep and picked him up, or Turnbull should have shifted across, dragging Elliott and Keown with him. It wasn't bad defending, just a very clever run which took out half of Thistles team because they weren't expecting it, nor knew how to counteract it. I'm more annoyed that MoH only did it once in the whole game.

You can see the space he creates simply by being a threat, at times there were 3 men on him and a simply pass to the fullback and then a clip inside to an on rushing midfielder opened Thistle up.

Again, I've not seen it back, but I'm almost certain it was Edwards who picked him up in the middle of the pitch, and then decided to go rampaging off somewhere else instead of tracking the run.

Seeing the above, this is one of my favourite Saints photos of recent times. Trailing in his wake.
IMG_20170820_183630.thumb.jpg.311e5b4c080430cd0ef94c673bac3ca5.jpg

I must admit that is one of my better pics at Morton and at the time my old camera was playing up and switched settings so has the weird effect.

Neil who was on duty yesterday sent over his files and you can tell the MOH effect as he's on the ball in half of them.

I'm not a fan of having to put sponsors logos on all the pictures but I assume the club are being well paid so we will just have to run with it.

2 hours ago, Radford said:

Seeing the above, this is one of my favourite Saints photos of recent times. Trailing in his wake.

IMG_20170820_183630.thumb.jpg.311e5b4c080430cd0ef94c673bac3ca5.jpg

It's brilliant. I remember at the time comparing it to the famous Maradona one v Belgium where the 6 defenders are facing up to him.

Archived