Aberdeen v Dundee

56 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Agree with pretty much everything here except on Tansey. He provides some great corners and free kicks, and that's definitely a huge positive, but apart from set plays I thought he looked pretty dire today and has done in every game I've watched him in a Dons shirt so far.

I quite like him. I like how positive he is in possession and that he is capable of offering a threat in the final third, both from set-pieces or open play. He isn't perfect, though, and I can understand why he wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. Perhaps he would occasionally be better served playing the 'safe' option, but I'd expect McInnes to encourage that from him over time. 

I thought he was the most authoritative of the central three today, even though he wasn't at his best - perhaps my judgment was influenced by Shinnie and McLean playing so poorly.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bob Mahelp

How the f*ck McLean never got hooked is beyond me. 

Fat, disinterested, playing at half pace, pish passing, absolutely fucking useless. 

Everything a *** should be. Punt him to these feckers now.

McCann's said the ref wouldn't let him put the sub on. Claims the sub was ready to come on. 

I didn't think there was much McCann could do. The subs were warming up behind the goal, he was screaming at them to get back to the dug out but the Ref restarted play before we could get them on. We had one opportunity to get them on before they scored, when Kamara was in possession and he fucked it up. The ref was a complete 'homer'.

How did the players get injured? They were both in the box, unmarked (I was raging at the Dons defence at that point) next thing I know Shinnie is putting the ball out of play and two Dundee players are on the ground. What actually happened?

And why did McCann grab Kamara by the shirt when he came off? Looked a little unhinged.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Credit to Dundee, they had hardly anybody injured after it went to 2-1.

I was really worried about them at 1-1.....they had so many players rolling around I was concerned there was something contagious infecting Pittodrie. 

It all miraculously became well though after our second goal. 

6 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

How did the players get injured? They were both in the box, unmarked (I was raging at the Dons defence at that point) next thing I know Shinnie is putting the ball out of play and two Dundee players are on the ground. What actually happened?

And why did McCann grab Kamara by the shirt when he came off? Looked a little unhinged.

One loon overstretched to get the ball and looked to to have done his hammy or calf muscle as he collapsed as soon as his feet touched the ground. The other loon, nae idea.

I was really worried about them at 1-1.....they had so many players rolling around I was concerned there was something contagious infecting Pittodrie. 

We were there for 3 points m8 and you're talking pish. There was 1 team time wasting and it wasn't Dundee.

See above. McCann was rightly furious.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

We were there for 3 points m8 and you're talking pish. There was 1 team time wasting and it wasn't Dundee.

:thumsup2:lol:

Watch the highlights again. In the period between the equaliser and the 2nd goal, Dundee had around 4 or 5 players down injured including that cheating wee f**k in  goals who has a long history of that sort of thing. 

Funnily enough after our 2nd goal these injuries amazingly cleared up. 

I've no recollection of us time wasting, but I really hope we did just to get it right fucking round yez. 

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

I also have to say - had we tour round Aberdeen city centre today. People go on about Dundee but Dundee is like Paris in comparison to Aberdeen. What a fucking shitehole it is.

Hahahaha, really?

Dundee Town Centre: start off in the wellgate centre with the boarded up windows and charity furniture shops, make your way up the main drag passing all the beggars and desperate Dan, stopping off in the Keillor centre for a swift dram in the Arctic Bar, then head to the cream of the crop, the Overgate, where every shop has a bigger and better version in Aberdeen.

If you fancy a drink you could go to Brewdog which is decent, although that's an Aberdeen invention too.

Dundonians always seem to have a chip on their shoulder about their bigger and better neighbour up north. "We could have had all that oil" blah blah blah.

2-1 and 9 points ahead already. 

Hud 'at.

See above. McCann was rightly furious.

Hahahaha, really?
Dundee Town Centre: start off in the wellgate centre with the boarded up windows and charity furniture shops, make your way up the main drag passing all the beggars and desperate Dan, stopping off in the Keillor centre for a swift dram in the Arctic Bar, then head to the cream of the crop, the Overgate, where every shop has a bigger and better version in Aberdeen.
If you fancy a drink you could go to Brewdog which is decent, although that's an Aberdeen invention too.
Dundonians always seem to have a chip on their shoulder about their bigger and better neighbour up north. "We could have had all that oil" blah blah blah.
2-1 and 9 points ahead already. 
Hud 'at.

Just open your eyes bro. Considering all the advantages Aberdeen has had the city centre is a slum.

With regard to time wasting and Bain - Maynard clearly caught him with his studs and should have been booked. 2 of the other players who were on the ground were immediately subbed because they were injured.

You got 3 points, luckily really. Don't get all 'Old Firmy' on our asses.

:thumsup2[emoji38]
Watch the highlights again. In the period between the equaliser and the 2nd goal, Dundee had around 4 or 5 players down injured including that cheating wee f**k in  goals who has a long history of that sort of thing. 
Funnily enough after our 2nd goal these injuries amazingly cleared up. 
I've no recollection of us time wasting, but I really hope we did just to get it right fucking round yez. 

You mean the incident when Nicky Maynard went studs in on him? And your scummy crowd proceeded to throw something on the pitch at him as he was lying injured? Surely that's not the incident you're talking about?

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Just open your eyes bro. Considering all the advantages Aberdeen has had the city centre is a slum.

With regard to time wasting and Bain - Maynard clearly caught him with his studs and should have been booked. 2 of the other players who were on the ground were immediately subbed because they were injured.

You got 3 points, luckily really. Don't get all 'Old Firmy' on our asses.

Nothing lucky about it pal. 

Your timewasting antics at 1-1, coupled with your players goin off with non injuries due to said timewasting, came back to bite you on the arse.

Them be the breaks.

54 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Pish. We finished the game with 10 men. 

I also have to say - had we tour round Aberdeen city centre today. People go on about Dundee but Dundee is like Paris in comparison to Aberdeen. What a fucking shitehole it is.

They're probably both equally as shite at the moment, in five years time the waterfront development will put Dundee miles ahead.

People's perception of Dundee is probably shaped by driving through it on the Kingsway; housing estates, retail parks and industrial wasteland. For all the money in Aberdeen, a lot of it is quite shite as well.

Nothing lucky about it pal. 
Your timewasting antics at 1-1, coupled with your players goin off with non injuries due to said timewasting, came back to bite you on the arse.
Them be the breaks.

^^^ Closet *** found

They're probably both equally as shite at the moment, in five years time the waterfront development will put Dundee miles ahead.

People's perception of Dundee is probably shaped by driving through it on the Kingsway; housing estates, retail parks and industrial wasteland. For all the money in Aberdeen, a lot of it is quite shite as well.

King Street in particular is fucking awful. The city is dirty, filthy, there's weeds growing in the pavements. If I was an Aberdonian (sp?) I'd be furious at the city fathers. As I said earlier remove the scales from your eyes, the place is a disgrace.

Archived