Highland Bumpkins vs The Famous

21 minutes ago, Toby said:

Getting a pint at the stadium bar wasn't an option the last time we were up in 2013 iirc.

Is there a policy as regards away fans or do the police and stewards just pick their moments to be awkward?

Shouldn't be a problem anymore. Away fans usually get in but if you are looking for somewhere in town there's a few suggestions here:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RiG said:

Shouldn't be a problem anymore. Away fans usually get in but if you are looking for somewhere in touch there's a few suggestions here:

Cheers. We're getting the train up and due to arrive at 12. I know all I really need to know about Inverness anyway but was planning on the Caley Club before the game and the Exchange afterwards, given how close it is to the station.

15 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

The Caley Club is an absolute dive.

It may not be the most modern of venues but it's cheap, food and drink on offer, live football and pool and darts as well as a bus to and from the ground. It covers what a lot of football fans what to do before going to the game.

It may not be the most modern of venues but it's cheap, food and drink on offer, live football and pool and darts as well as a bus to and from the ground. It covers what a lot of football fans what to do before going to the game.

It's also a complete dive.

I mind playing a gig in Greenock once (Connelly's bar I think) in early 2000s where a bouncer was trying to chat up the girlfriend of the bassist of our tour support. He was told to piss off by said girl and her partner... so he decided to smash a chair off one of the other band mates. Quite the overreaction from someone who is supposed to maintain safety! 

The promoter was great and we had loved playing gigs there prior to this one, but it always left a sour taste towards my feelings of Greenock. 

The tour support ended up splitting to play in bands like The Kills, Mogwai, Idlewild, Aereogramme, Twilight Sad, Chrvches, The Blue Nile, Arab Strap, Unwinding Hours, Bdy Prts, Olympic Swimmers... meanwhile my band split up and did f*ck all. 

Looking forward to a return to Greenock for the away trip and a chance to find some of the old venues we played though.

Connelly's later became Slanj and is now shut down. I was never there when it was Connelly's but the bouncers were always dicks when it was Slanj: there were threats of violence towards band members one night I was in for a gig as well.

8 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Connelly's later became Slanj and is now shut down. I was never there when it was Connelly's but the bouncers were always dicks when it was Slanj: there were threats of violence towards band members one night I was in for a gig as well.

I saw the remains of Connellys the other day and was gutted - I first saw MacFloyd playing there.

Anyway - if ICT would mind waiting a week to get their act together that'd be fine.

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 08:37, RiG said:

While I admire your loyalty you can in no way say that the bar in it's present state is a good advert for a forward looking Football Club. 

15 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

While I admire your loyalty you can in no way say that the bar in it's present state is a good advert for a forward looking Football Club. 

When did we become a "forward looking football club"..?

Was confident about this game last Saturday night, less so now. But it's time started to improve our poor record against them and by most accounts they ain't up to much at the mo. I'd be happy with a narrow win.

Archived