DOONHAMERS V DIAMONDS Challenge Cup Tue 15/08/2017

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not that funny though is it? The Brechin and East Kilbride games were the definition of wave after wave of attack. Creating chances hasn't really been a problem this season. Taking them has.

I'd agree with Brechin but we never made the EK 'keeper work very hard at all; granted we hit the woodwork 4 times. I can't recall us giving them a hard time really. We completely dominated and played the majority of the game in their half but as wave after wave of (dangerous at least) attack goes I can't say I agree.

Good to get through. Think that was our 9th consecutive home game in this competition since we played Airdrie 4 years ago. Eta going for la decima in Thursday's draw.

We've lost all our away games so far this season, and have lost comfortably to Championship sides Livingston and St. Mirren so I can't see us competing here.

With the departure of Andy Ryan today that leaves us with 19 year old Cammy Russell as the only striker in our squad to have started a senior game before. Not sure what the rules are in this competition in relation to trialists. Either way I reckon we're in for a scudding tonight.

Nobody up top to hold onto the ball will result in our young defence facing wave after wave of QoS attack.

My prediction: QoS 4 - 0 Airdrie

PM me Friday's Euromillions numbers please.

Comfortable, bar as said above the chance in first few minutes. Quite impressed with Jason Kerr tonight apart from one lapse in concentration looks like he'll be a handy addition. Thought Chris Kane done fine apart from scoring, hopefully he'll get off the mark Saturday...

Although not worked overly hard, I thought Leighfield done fine in goals, so great for him to get 90 minutes under his belt. Back four were fine again, bar the one chance mentioned. Fordyce done fine at right back but doesn't offer a he'll of a lot attacking wise but as a stand in, i'd have no qualms about him filling in. Jordan Marshall i thought was good, for once regularly put in decent crosses. Midfield thought John Rankin put in a tremendous shift and was everything I want from him, maybe the formation suits him better? Who knows but certainly against Dundee United and tonight he's had two of his better games. Jacobs done fine also in usual performance for him, Wee Dan also put in a good performance and a terrific cross for the fourth. Maybe wrong to doubt the Tanman couple of weeks ago but he's certainly doing a lot more in games now , be hard to drop him in all honesty for Saturday.

1 minute ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

once Kane gets his shooting boots on am sure he will do well for us. 

Thought Kane done well. Linked up well. OK should have scored more than one but maybe a bit match fit rusty. I like a striker who gets into position to score goals and Kane did that. Match fittest and goals will come

Thought Jacobs once again was immense in the middle of midfield. Some of his passing and breaking up opposition attacks were a joy to see

Archived