All central and Caledonian results.

Paul M

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Shanta said:

Played Broomhouse first game in league Cup,good strong side.

Lot of teams use group stage of league Cup to play squad and there's the suspensions to clear.

LeAgue starts Wednesday for most teams...

Surely you want to win every competition. Easy to say using the squad etc because you're now out.

23 hours ago, DannyBooner said:

No wishaw. Thorn will always be pushing with the quality they've got. Dalzeil are a shadow of a team without big Stuart Crown at the back. He'll thrive at schotts.

I heard the boy Morton (I'm assuming that's "mini") is really struggling with his knee. Might need surgery. Could be bullshit but just what I've heard. 

Big Stu Croon will defo be a miss for the DL side - massive presence with lots of pace considering hes a centre back.

Has the lad Morton not already been through a couple of serious knee operations? Fair play to him cause he still loves a tackle the nasty wee rascal.

With players missing or 'rested', may be the reason they went with a back 3 against WWW. Have seen the small angry lad play full back before and the left back was ever present last season so not sure where the new full back would fit in.

DL missed the energic baldy fellow in the middle and the lad mini. The two lads in central midfield on wednesday looked as though they were lacking fitness which is a surprise given what DL sides are usually like. Think Maxi will be a quality signing regardless of where he plays. Maybe a straight replacement for the ex assistant player manager who was prone to throw the toys out his pram.

Anyway, less of yer fishing Mr BOONER 

9 hours ago, hammer6 said:

Big Stu Croon will defo be a miss for the DL side - massive presence with lots of pace considering hes a centre back.

Has the lad Morton not already been through a couple of serious knee operations? Fair play to him cause he still loves a tackle the nasty wee rascal.

With players missing or 'rested', may be the reason they went with a back 3 against WWW. Have seen the small angry lad play full back before and the left back was ever present last season so not sure where the new full back would fit in.

DL missed the energic baldy fellow in the middle and the lad mini. The two lads in central midfield on wednesday looked as though they were lacking fitness which is a surprise given what DL sides are usually like. Think Maxi will be a quality signing regardless of where he plays. Maybe a straight replacement for the ex assistant player manager who was prone to throw the toys out his pram.

Anyway, less of yer fishing Mr BOONER 

Am I not allowed an opinion? Fair play to Dalzeil for bringing in a few more players but for me, it's always quality over quantity. The only new signing I like the look of is the Lad Andy Dooks, energetic and has an eye for goal. Should be playing at a higher level but just wants to play with his friends, which is understandable. Heard gartcosh were looking at him in the summer. 

Wishaw High School FPs v Colville Park AFC in section 4 of the league cup has been moved to an 8pm ko on the 4G at Dalzel Park on THURSDAY 24/08/2017 asoppose to being played on Wednesday 23/08/2017.

GavT67

22 minutes ago, GAVT67 said:

Wishaw High School FPs v Colville Park AFC in section 4 of the league cup has been moved to an 8pm ko on the 4G at Dalzel Park on THURSDAY 24/08/2017 asoppose to being played on Wednesday 23/08/2017.

GavT67

Where was the game supposed to be being played initially?

Took in the first half of the Colvilles game last night and again worthy winner playing some very good football.

Real shame for Camby as their gaffer was playing and only one sub if I seen correctly. Suppose it is that time of year with holidays etc which is unfortunate. Could have ended up a lot more than 4.

13 hours ago, DannyBooner said:

Am I not allowed an opinion? Fair play to Dalzeil for bringing in a few more players but for me, it's always quality over quantity. The only new signing I like the look of is the Lad Andy Dooks, energetic and has an eye for goal. Should be playing at a higher level but just wants to play with his friends, which is understandable. Heard gartcosh were looking at him in the summer. 

How is it guys can go play with there mates,but when someone from Colville says same thing they get laughed at?seen right few juniors join cally teams,same again if one goes to Colville they must b paying him.....

13 hours ago, DannyBooner said:

19 minutes ago, Denniston Afc said:

How is it guys can go play with there mates,but when someone from Colville says same thing they get laughed at?seen right few juniors join cally teams,same again if one goes to Colville they must b paying him.....

Mr Booner is pullin yer leg mate, the player referred too 'Andy Dooks' -  Alan Jukes is his real name and played alongside a few of the DL team at Carluke Baps. Might want to play with his mates and a tidy player but with no disrespect, that's his level. 

On your point DAFC, it's well documented that there are 'perks' to play with Colvilles whether that be a financial benefit or not. Let's not kid ourselves on. If that's how they want to go about their business then so be it, other teams simply cannot compete. Colvilles are an amateur side from Motherwell, why else would boys from all over the place, as far as Kirkintilloch and Stirling travel if there was no benefit to themselves? There are plenty good sides in their retrospective areas without travelling that distance. That said, are there any lads from Motherwell, Wishaw or local towns who play with Colvilles? Some say it's unfair but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

2 hours ago, hammer6 said:

2 hours ago, GAVT67 said:

GavT67

Where was the game supposed to be being played initially?

Game was originally going to be played at Overtown but with excess water lying on one part of the pitch and  with no chance of going away the game would have been postponed. Tried our hardest at short notice to secure another grass pitch but to no avail. We felt due to our lack of competitive matches so far ie our 1st 2 league matches being postponed that it best to get it played and with Dalzel being available on the Thursday night at 8pm and both management teams being in agreement, that is where and when the game will take place. Not ideal for either side but felt best to get on with it.

GavT67

4 hours ago, hammer6 said:

Mr Booner is pullin yer leg mate, the player referred too 'Andy Dooks' -  Alan Jukes is his real name and played alongside a few of the DL team at Carluke Baps. Might want to play with his mates and a tidy player but with no disrespect, that's his level. 

On your point DAFC, it's well documented that there are 'perks' to play with Colvilles whether that be a financial benefit or not. Let's not kid ourselves on. If that's how they want to go about their business then so be it, other teams simply cannot compete. Colvilles are an amateur side from Motherwell, why else would boys from all over the place, as far as Kirkintilloch and Stirling travel if there was no benefit to themselves? There are plenty good sides in their retrospective areas without travelling that distance. That said, are there any lads from Motherwell, Wishaw or local towns who play with Colvilles? Some say it's unfair but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

How is it well documented, what you get is people like yourself coming on and talking absolute nonsense. The only perk there is to play with colville is we are run extremely professionally there is no other perk. The reason we attract players from out with motherwell is because we are successful. 

4 hours ago, hammer6 said:

How is it well documented, what you get is people like yourself coming on and talking absolute nonsense. The only perk there is to play with colville is we are run extremely professionally there is no other perk. The reason we attract players from out with motherwell is because we are successful. 

Archived