All central and Caledonian results.

Paul M

18 hours ago, josecc said:

The league goldenhill play in isn’t exactly the strongest.
I would fancy one of the better teams in the central or the caley league to beat them

The top half of the SAFL is really strong. All teams would more than hold their own in the top leagues. 

The overall strength of the Central is over rated because it has the best 2 or 3 teams who are always there or thereabouts in the majors. Take bottom half of Central Prem and many of the better sides in other leagues would fancy their chances strongly against them.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, josecc said:

I would fancy one of the better teams in the central or the caley league to beat them

What a load of tripe you write, so why do certain  clubs in The SAFL get "a nudge nudge" made to them  around about this time of year ?

PS

here is a History lesson for you what League has won the Scottish / West the most ...............

• 2 weeks later...

Just catching up on the league tables and results etc for both leagues. Isn't it refreshing to see how competitive all of the leagues are this season? 3 or 4 teams at the top of the Central Premier all within touching distance of each other.

Giffnock, Glasgow Uni, Thorn and Dalziel all going well in the Caley Prem.

Caley Division 1B must be the most competitive league out? About 7 points separating 3rd bottom (with games in hand) to top spot! :D I wouldn't like to try and predict a winner in that league?

What's happened with Colville this season have they lost players from last year or still the same side just nursing a bit of a hangover?

Just catching up on the league tables and results etc for both leagues. Isn't it refreshing to see how competitive all of the leagues are this season? 3 or 4 teams at the top of the Central Premier all within touching distance of each other.
Giffnock, Glasgow Uni, Thorn and Dalziel all going well in the Caley Prem.
Caley Division 1B must be the most competitive league out? About 7 points separating 3rd bottom (with games in hand) to top spot! [emoji3] I wouldn't like to try and predict a winner in that league?
What's happened with Colville this season have they lost players from last year or still the same side just nursing a bit of a hangover?

Dumbarton accies also doing well in Caley, seeing as they are unbeaten this season is there a reason you haven’t mentioned them?

7 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Dumbarton accies also doing well in Caley, seeing as they are unbeaten this season is there a reason you haven’t mentioned them?

Genuinely forgot about them - seen them earlier this season and they are actually a very good team by the looks of it. Really well drilled and fit.

Genuinely forgot about them - seen them earlier this season and they are actually a very good team by the looks of it. Really well drilled and fit.

Yeah excellent side this year, plenty experience, big squad. I did tip both them and st pats from down here to do well this season and go far in the majors. Both having good starts to the season so stand by that comment. Although st pats have a very tough tie in the Scottish

Good looking tie today in Uddingston vs Colville park esp with Uddingston at home there going well but will colville still be too strong for them any thoughts? Not seen Uddingston play either. From what I can see Uddingston lost there first 2 league games and haven’t looked backed possible unbeatin from those 2 games?

Final score Thorn 3-1 winners over Dalziel great game of football Dalziel down to ten men last 10 mins thorn scored 3rd in injury time stronger looking thorn side this season really solid at the back now to support the already great midfield and strikers if they can avoid build up of fixtures like last season must be a decent chance of the league!

On 29/10/2017 at 21:35, josecc said:

Time will tell as we play Milton from the Caledonian league in the next round of the Scottish. I've been involved with the central and now the safl. The top teams in the central premier are a step above us just now but with our full squad available we would not be far away from the rest of the Caledonian or Central league teams. Some decent teams in the lower divisions of the safl as well. 

Guest Mick Kennedy
26 minutes ago, loco de futbol said:

Time will tell as we play Milton from the Caledonian league in the next round of the Scottish. I've been involved with the central and now the safl. The top teams in the central premier are a step above us just now but with our full squad available we would not be far away from the rest of the Caledonian or Central league teams. Some decent teams in the lower divisions of the safl as well. 

I'm sure on your day yous could compete with anyone in amatuer football

took in st joe's v goldenhill on sat . 2-1 win for goldenhill.

great advert for there league, not much between the teams but goldenhill took there chances.

st joe's missed pen at 2-1 as well as 3 or 4 great chances, but as you very well know if you dont take yourchances!!

nothing really between the teams. 

one thing of note , the referee tried early doors not to take his book out , but unfortunately for him it back fired.

goldehill no8 had shocking tackles and never got booked. all bookable offences.

in the last 5 mins goldenhill sweeper/centrehalf had a wild lunge at st joe's no 10 who in turn reacted . booked both.

shocking decision , was a straight red card all day long .

ref didn't want to get involved or upset anyone. bit disappointing .

1 hour ago, mercedes said:

took in st joe's v goldenhill on sat . 2-1 win for goldenhill.

great advert for there league, not much between the teams but goldenhill took there chances.

st joe's missed pen at 2-1 as well as 3 or 4 great chances, but as you very well know if you dont take yourchances!!

nothing really between the teams. 

one thing of note , the referee tried early doors not to take his book out , but unfortunately for him it back fired.

goldehill no8 had shocking tackles and never got booked. all bookable offences.

in the last 5 mins goldenhill sweeper/centrehalf had a wild lunge at st joe's no 10 who in turn reacted . booked both.

shocking decision , was a straight red card all day long .

ref didn't want to get involved or upset anyone. bit disappointing .

Any players stand out mate?

Would have liked to have got down to that one on Saturday but was working.

The standard of the league you play in is irrelevant when in the big two cups. As Cambria showed last season & Wishaw HSFP's a few years back, you don't need to be playing in the top divisions to win a major. The Fife leagues not the best either but it didn't hinder a very good Leven Thistle from reaching the final two seasons ago.

The standard of the league you play in is irrelevant when in the big two cups. As Cambria showed last season & Wishaw HSFP's a few years back, you don't need to be playing in the top divisions to win a major. The Fife leagues not the best either but it didn't hinder a very good Leven Thistle from reaching the final two seasons ago.

Leven Thistle? And weren't Wishaw in the top division when they won the Scottish?

Archived