All central and Caledonian results.

Paul M

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

So who have Giffnock actually signed? What clubs have the players come from?

From what I've heard/seen it's a lot of boys from the Pollok team that was in the Central league. Not sure who else has signed. Lost some good players but that happens to most sides. Can't argue with the results so far.

2 hours ago, Gunner said:

I think they finished second to St Joes on GD in the premier of the SAFL once before they moved... 

I believe Thorn were f*cked over that season and ended up losing the league due to being deducted points for something trivial. Think there were some sour grapes on the SAFL part as they had resigned to join The Caley.

I'm sure EK won it that season as well. It definitely wasn't St Joes as last season was first time St Joes had won it in a while.

Well said JD. Think league will be strong this year.

We've lost some quality players and Rabs brought quality in with him. In first 3 league games 5 or 6 started from last year and others were new signings.

I know the boys rabs taken with him and there all guys you would want on the park with you . Rab always has a steely team and not many teams will bully them . Along with the guys already there they will be no ones fools . That leagues shaping up to be a cracker this season ....

Of the Lanarkshire teams stepping up to the bigger leagues, Wishaw Wycombe have got off to the better start winning three out of three in the league and taking a point from their game with Thorn. They'll have a tough test tomorrow undoubtedly against Finnart though. Will probably see them stumble as Finnart are a decent side by all accounts. Wishaw's first proper test in the league this season.

Interested to see how they get on.

1 hour ago, Gman91184 said:

I know the boys rabs taken with him and there all guys you would want on the park with you . Rab always has a steely team and not many teams will bully them . Along with the guys already there they will be no ones fools . That leagues shaping up to be a cracker this season ....

7 hours ago, JD donnelly said:

I'm the manager of the thorn and none of the boys know who this guy is
Someone either winding use up or agenda with the thorn .

So I would ignore the thread , looks like someone winding use up and a few people taking a bite.

Won't hear anyone at the thorn shouting there mouth off we go about our football in the correct manner .

As for Ryan Crawford great player great captain and anyone that has played for the club will tell you the reason he stayed and didn't leave .

Good league this year we're all looking forward to it emoji123.png

Well put JD.

looks like " TELL IT AS IT IS !!" has been told .:smartass:whistle

In my opinion Giffnock have lost better footballers than they have brought in but will be a different proposition this year. There's a toughness about them that maybe wasn't there. Losing The boy Carrol and Davie Kneale to Southside and Craig Fry to EKYM is. Sore one. Shanta is a great centre half and Gary Dickson in the middle of the park guarantees goals.

Tomorrow will be a test and a good game.

Of the Lanarkshire teams stepping up to the bigger leagues, Wishaw Wycombe have got off to the better start winning three out of three in the league and taking a point from their game with Thorn. They'll have a tough test tomorrow undoubtedly against Finnart though. Will probably see them stumble as Finnart are a decent side by all accounts. Wishaw's first proper test in the league this season.

No danger you took a point from the premiership and Scottish champions elect? Must be some side.

13 hours ago, Brad Bobley said:

They could have an outside chance of top two. Division 1B in The Caley looks much stronger than 1A.

Archived